Pretty Nice Carving Gouges

Review by Woodwrecker posted 10-29-2010 12:23 AM 4304 views 1 time favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Pretty Nice Carving Gouges Pretty Nice Carving Gouges Pretty Nice Carving Gouges Click the pictures to enlarge them

I wanted a set of carving gouges , but I couldn’t afford to spend an arm and a leg.
I was pretty surprised when these arrived and turned out to be nicer then I thought they would be.
Given the price of around $11.00 a gouge, these are nice.
They range from 1/4” to 1” and were sharp enough to use right out of the box, but I’ll hone them up real good and give a report a little down the road on how they work out.
I gave four stars based on my initial impression, but we’ll see.
Grizzly model G7957.
Thanks.

View Woodwrecker's profile

Woodwrecker

View FJPetruso's profile

FJPetruso

#1 posted 10-29-2010 05:00 AM

I was looking into buying those gouges also. It looks like your recommendation will push me over the edge & I’ll have to buy them. Thanks!

-- Frank, Florissant, Missouri "The New Show-Me Woodshop"

View lew's profile

lew

#2 posted 10-29-2010 05:21 AM

Been looking for something like this for awhile, nice review, thanks!

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View patron's profile

patron

#3 posted 10-29-2010 03:31 PM

hi eric
sounds like you are getting to it there

good to see you

what you makin’ ?

View Woodwrecker's profile

Woodwrecker

#4 posted 10-29-2010 04:47 PM

Hi David.
I just want to try & embellish some projects when I make them, with maybe a few accents.

very, very basic carving…lol