Face shield that seriously works

Review by dbray45 posted 04-20-2022 02:48 PM 1371 views 1 time favorited 23 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Face shield that seriously works No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Let’s get to it, I am a safety glasses kind of person. Every face shield that I have purchased, used, acquired, what ever were worthless. They would fog up in about a minute, even without that, you couldn’t see through them, if you routered something, more debris would come around the shield than would hit the floor and they wouldn’t stop a speeding wet napkin without the shield part coming off.

Then I went to the doctor’s office for a checkup during the pandemic. My doc had on a face shield that was ingenious so I wrote down the info to get one. Got on their web sight and they have options for welding as well.

I have listed some of the things I don’t like about shields. Did I mention that you cannot see through them, they don’t stop much and sawdust goes right around them to search for and get into your eyes, and they are uncomfortable to wear?

Now for these shields -
They are made to wear all day, they are for professional trades – Lincoln Electric makes welders
They are crystal clear, you forget the mask is down
Mine does not fog up
It wraps around your face enough that the dust and debris from the router doesn’t come around the shield.

I don’t know if you can get these across the pond, but I hope so.

View splintergroup's profile

splintergroup

#1 posted 04-20-2022 03:15 PM

Yeah, big difference between “homeowner” and industrial grade safety equipment!

I always feel the lower grade stuff is to help protect you from that one incident. The industrial stuff is designed, as you state, to be worn all day and take the destructo-hits constantly.

Most annoying to me is the fogging and ability to attract dust with the static build up. Takes some specialized coatings to fend that off and too expensive to be used on the cheaper devices.

#2 posted 04-21-2022 03:00 AM

i checked it out and ordered the anti scratch/fog model. i hope it performs as well as youve stated.

-- working with my hands is a joy,it gives me a sense of fulfillment,somthing so many seek and so few find.-SAM MALOOF.

#3 posted 04-21-2022 02:44 PM

I hope your experience is at least as good as mine. I have been using mine for a number of months and still surprised.

#4 posted 04-21-2022 03:56 PM

just got a message from amazon mines arriving today.

View Sark's profile

Sark

#5 posted 04-23-2022 02:29 PM

I use a face shield a lot. The one I use is UVEX . Love it, and comes with anti-fog, anti-scratch lens options.

More and more, though, when I’m ripping a lot of lumber, I use plain goggles that fit over my eyeglasses. The face shield doesn’t seal around the eyes quite as good as goggles. Goggles keep out all the dust out of my eyes, so they are not scratchy or dry after a session in the shop. Even with a well fitting face shield, dust will still find a way.

I’ve found that with my favorite N95 blue paper dust mask, goggles will (most of the time) not fog up because exhaled air doesn’t come into the protected area. Drawback of goggles, is that they scratch much faster than the well designed face shield, so need to be replaced much more often. Haven’t found goggles with replaceable lenses like the face shield has.

For grinding metal—-and I end up grinding a lot—-the face shield cannot be beat.

View GaryCN's profile

GaryCN

#6 posted 04-23-2022 02:47 PM

I have one, well worth the price.

-- Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

#7 posted 04-23-2022 03:52 PM

- Sark

ive got the bionic shield now,which is great.im hoping this new one might surpass it ?

View Jim55's profile

Jim55

#8 posted 04-25-2022 01:01 AM

This one looks really similar to the pro grade one a Harbor Freight. Any thoughts?

#9 posted 04-25-2022 01:20 AM

- Jim55

mine was delivered to my work on friday i was off so ill give my opinion next week.

#10 posted 04-25-2022 06:41 PM

ok here we go.i love it better than the bionic shield.the head band fits well and the shield is heavy duty.light weight which is great when wearing it for hours at a time.glad i ordered this. thanks david.

#11 posted 04-25-2022 08:07 PM

Whenever I find something that is better than the norm, I try to pass it along. This one, I give credit to my Doc for pointing me in their direction.

#12 posted 04-25-2022 11:08 PM

- dbray45

tell your doc i said thanks. ;-))

View Jim55's profile

Jim55

#13 posted 04-26-2022 02:32 AM

- pottz

So you like the Bionic Shield or the HB better?

#14 posted 04-26-2022 01:32 PM

- pottz

So you like the Bionic Shield or the HB better?

- Jim55

havn’t used it in action yet but trying it on i love the feel of it,and the totally clear shield with no frame gives great visibility.i think it will be my go to.if my opinion changes ill let you guys know.

#15 posted 04-26-2022 01:50 PM