Great Trim Jig

Review by Redoak49 posted 01-21-2022 02:25 AM 1487 views 0 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great Trim Jig Great Trim Jig Great Trim Jig Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought this based on the previous review. I am building some drawer units with 1/2” plywood edge with 1/2×1/2 Oak strips. When I have done this in the past, it has taken a lot of time to get the oak even with the plywood.

With the Little Lipper it was a very fast easy process. I did have to drill a hole in the bottom plate of the router but this was easy. For a router bit, I used a 3 cutter Freud bit and it left a smooth cut. I wish that I had this in the past.

View CharlesA's profile

CharlesA

#1 posted 01-21-2022 02:02 PM

Nice confirmation. Mine arrived yesterday.

View Peteybadboy's profile

-- Petey

View Buck_Thorne's profile

Buck_Thorne

#4 posted 01-29-2022 05:50 PM

How does it work, and what does it add to the flush trim bit that you’re already using? Guess I’m a little confused.

#5 posted 01-29-2022 07:21 PM

You will be less confused if you go to the FastCap site and watch the video.

View Ocelot's profile

Ocelot

#6 posted 01-29-2022 08:24 PM

Long ago I did that with a belt sander. Worked ok, but I wrecked a few shelves sanding through the oak veneer. I’ve never been much of a router man. I took a look at the videos on fastcap site. Looks like this would be a great help. Much better than trying to register the router base against the edge of a 3/4 thick board.

-- I intended to be a woodworker, but turned into a tool and lumber collector.

View Underdog's profile

Underdog

1908 posts in 3494 days

#7 posted 02-02-2022 03:34 PM

Thanks for this review! This is a very helpful tool.

I see how the white bearing part works, but what is the red flange for?

-- Jim, Georgia, USA

#8 posted 02-02-2022 09:12 PM

The original version did not have the red flange. It helps keep your hand out of the router bit.

View Underdog's profile

Underdog

1908 posts in 3494 days

#9 posted 02-02-2022 09:36 PM

Ah! Thanks! Good to know.

-- Jim, Georgia, USA