Bucket Boss Tool Sheath - Never lose your pencil again

Review by Fotodog posted 11-13-2021 02:58 AM 998 views 0 times favorited 15 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Bucket Boss Tool Sheath - Never lose your pencil again Bucket Boss Tool Sheath - Never lose your pencil again No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Hello All,
I just wanted to share this simple, inexpensive item with you because I find it so useful. I don’t like wearing an apron, so for a long time I wore a carpenter’s tool belt for my woodworking. That’s a bit cumbersome and overkill, so I started looking for something more compact to hole the 4 tools I’m always using: pencil, tape measure, small square, and knife.

I also wanted something easy to put on and take off, and this has a stiff flap that slides under your belt. Everything is within easy reach, and once you use it a few times your hand goes right to the tool you’re looking for. I particularly like the tape measure clip, works great.

It’s the best $13 I’ve spent for my shop.

#1 posted 11-13-2021 03:53 AM

i too hate aprons,i dont like the feel on my neck and shoulders.and all i ever put in my apron is what would be in this holder.i think im gonna get one.thank you for posting this.

-- working with my hands is a joy,it gives me a sense of fulfillment,somthing so many seek and so few find.-SAM MALOOF.

#2 posted 11-13-2021 04:00 AM

- pottz

ps-ordered from amazon 12.86 get it by monday.

#3 posted 11-13-2021 04:06 AM

Awesome Pottz, I hope you like it as much as I do.

#4 posted 11-13-2021 04:12 AM

Awesome Pottz, I hope you like it as much as I do.

- Fotodog

yeah looks perfect for me,ill let you know.

View Peteybadboy's profile

Foghorn

#6 posted 11-15-2021 03:49 AM

If pottz got one , I have to have it too. Just ordered

- Peteybadboy

I might have to as well. I’m still mentally timing how long it would take to pull that 6” square, point it and mark something! Maybe a cross draw with a square on each side. :)

-- Darrel

View sansoo22's profile (online now)

sansoo22

#7 posted 11-15-2021 04:14 AM

I’ve got the Husky version of this. Looks like the exact same thing but all in black. I do prefer an apron in the shop but projects around the house I use the hell out of that Husky tool sheath.

I don’t put my over my belt. I slip the back flap into a front pocket and it stays put just fine. I mainly do this because then its configured much like my shop apron so my brain automatically knows where square and tape are.

View SuperJoe's profile

SuperJoe

#8 posted 11-15-2021 04:23 PM

Have used something like that for the last 15 years to carry a Gerber multi tool and mini mag light. My pencil caddy in the shop was also made by “Bucket Boss”. It just figures that when I take a picture of it there are no pencils evident. Sheesh!

-- Some of my most creative moments have been when I've had to cover up an error in my woodworking.

View Mike_D_S's profile

Mike_D_S

#9 posted 11-15-2021 04:42 PM

Appreciate the review, I’ve been using a string tied pouch for a long time and looking at the bucket boss stuff they have a fastener pouch for nails, screws, etc. That looks to be very handy so I ended up ordering the four barrel tool holder as well as the fastener pouch.

-- No honey, that's not new, I've had that forever......

View Peteybadboy's profile

Peteybadboy

#10 posted 11-16-2021 10:35 AM

Got mine yesterday. Plan to use it today. The Velcro to hook to the belt is nice.

-- Petey

#11 posted 11-16-2021 02:36 PM

got mine too,ill test drive this weekend.looks promising,very well made.tim i think bucket boss owes you some commission-lol.

#12 posted 11-16-2021 03:03 PM

Ha, I’m sure they’re wondering why their sales are skyrocketing:-) Glad to hear that some of you have found this useful. It’s nice to contribute on this forum where I have learned a lot.

View LittleBlackDuck's profile

LittleBlackDuck

#13 posted 11-18-2021 02:12 PM

- Fotodog

Hey Foto thanks for the review… it’s posts like this that make people aware of items they would never cross paths with…

I initially didn’t comment (but “watched”) as unfortunately I don’t believe it comes with braces and it’d cost me a fortune for a belt to fit my girth… but, allbeit cheap, it has seemed to make a few members dig into their ”lobster pot” wallets and make the purchase!

View Mike_D_S's profile

Mike_D_S

#14 posted 11-18-2021 03:06 PM

I received mine from Amazon and while I haven’t used it in anger yet, I did do some test fitting getting it on and off the belt and with just a few tools and a tape measure on it sliding the flap into my pocket.

On and off the belt is easy enough with the flap. Using it tucked into the pocket is ok, but for those of us who are deficient in the posterior (think a frog in pants) its a little looser fit than I would trust to go up a ladder. But overall seems like a winner.

I also ordered the fastener pouch and that also seems like a winner as the pocket seems like it will tend to stay open for easy access.

-- No honey, that's not new, I've had that forever......

View jkm312's profile

jkm312

#15 posted 11-18-2021 04:21 PM

I picked up the maintenance pouch made by Husky, which I found at Home Depot earlier this year. It does all of the above, and, there is room for the remote for the DC. It never did want to stay clipped on my belt but it does stay in the pouch. Now that I don’t have to search for the last place I left the remote, I have more time to search for something else I’ve misplaced.

These pouches are well worth the time it takes to train ourselves to use them.