Milwaukee One handed ChainSaw

Review by LittleBlackDuck posted 10-22-2021 03:28 AM 901 views 0 times favorited 15 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Milwaukee One handed ChainSaw Milwaukee One handed ChainSaw Milwaukee One handed ChainSaw Click the pictures to enlarge them

Boy and Girls,

Upon returning from hospitalisation with most of my brain intact, I was confronted with one of my overgrown weeds blocking the back driveway.
While the damage was done several weeks ago by our 5.9 magnitude earthquake (when I was also in hospital), the driveway blocking didn’t bother me at the time,

Dodgy wing or not, it was now an option of driving the 4WD over it or clean it up.

In the past I used to use my Milwaukee 18 V HACKZALL™ Reciprocating Saw

to wreak havoc in the garden and my Ryobi PoleSaw

for any elevated damage.

While initially debating the fate of that fallen obnoxious weed morphed tree, I realised the vibration prone Hackzall, lengthy PoleSaw or my two handed Ryobi Cordless ChainSaw

were not the ideal choice of weapons.
A while back I was lured into investing in this Milwaukee ”pruning saw” skin,

whose discounted sales price was the only thing that may be any sort of a positive during our C19 lockdowns.

Well the time to use it was now, so… slipped in a battery filled up with oil and tackled that bee’s nest with fervour.

Unfortunately after I top and tailed the trunk, the 2AH battery I put in gave up the ghost, though it may have been substantially drained by use on my other Milwaukee tools. Slapped in the 6AH battery and after cleaning up the medusa coiffure

I was tempted to go ape on the neighbourhood trees… unfortunately SWMBO kept a firm grip on the reins limiting my travels.
I decided to keep the trunk

in case I might buy a billiard table and have the inkling to turn a pool cue.
I also kept some choice straight pieces to maybe turn a pen or two in remembrance of the toppled earthquake victim

and even kept a piece that I considered in a moment of weakness I might turn into a bowl.

..... hell, I even started making a bowl

till I remembered that I don’t like making bowls, and immediately ceased the progress.

SWMBO had a quick play (c’mon… with the prunner) and has adopted it as her favourite tool for our Victorian 262 day post lockdown ERA.

Word of warning… While it is “designed” for one handed operation, for safety reasons, it is recommended that the hand guard be held by any spare hands for that added bit of control and to keep that wayward left hand out of the way… also watch the toes if wearing thongs (the Aussie thongs

and not the Borat mankini)!

Keep safe, jocks... and your jocks, safe!

#1 posted 10-22-2021 04:33 AM

Looks like a great job there LBD , and you didnt even need to borrow my Poulan 306a

#2 posted 10-22-2021 05:10 AM

- robscastle

Do I detect a leatherfaced attitude there rc?

View Dutchy's profile

Dutchy

#3 posted 10-22-2021 07:59 AM

I can’t help feeling that you’re doing better!

-- https://dutchypatterns.com/

View cmmyakman's profile

cmmyakman

#4 posted 10-22-2021 12:35 PM

I was literally talking about this tool with a friend last night. He has the Milwaukee Hatchet and loves it. You just confirmed its efficacy – thank you.

-- You can't fail if you don't give up.

#5 posted 10-22-2021 07:51 PM

Oh ! .... well that didn’t take too much skull scratching at all.

I bet Sam Maloof would have loved it

I will have to try harder next time.

nice to see a thong on your foot too!

View Pjonesy's profile

Pjonesy

#6 posted 10-22-2021 09:10 PM

I am sure there are more weapons of mass destruction you could have used . It would seem your stay in hospital was a success and the earthquake shook you into action.

-- Don't tell me it can't be done.

View pottz's profile

pottz

#7 posted 10-24-2021 09:40 PM

i knew you had the desire to make a bowl,dont hold back duckie just do it,you’ll feel better.

-- working with my hands is a joy,it gives me a sense of fulfillment,somthing so many seek and so few find.-SAM MALOOF.

View ColoradoJake's profile

ColoradoJake

#8 posted 10-24-2021 10:06 PM

have you ever tried the actual pruning blades in the hackzall? I use them for pruning and it goes well for anything my pole saw/chain saw are not just right. By well I mean better than a normal blade but no where near as good as a chain saw :)

#9 posted 10-24-2021 11:40 PM

i knew you had the desire to make a bowl,dont hold back duckie just do it,you ll feel better.
- pottz

Let’s set the record straight pottzy... they go around much like bowls on a lathe... this was NOT a lathe job... I used my Arbortec tools… but when I realised my backward step and even spelt it ”lwob”, it was time for self-flagelation, isolation and penance.

- ColoradoJake

I haven’t used the specific Milwaukee Pruning Blade, not available in local suppliers and never tried an internet order… settled for their wood blade.
Gave up on my chainsaw on smaller jobs as without regular use I was continualy gettling the carbi repaired due to petrol spoilage. Was happy with the Hackzall till I saw this pruning chain.

While I never saw this 'comparison' video till I started a internet search for a pruning blade (after your comment)... while the blade is not a Milwaukee pruning blade, it does portray my findings.

Still, thanks for the suggestion, though it’s too late for me, others might take your recommendation on board.

View pottz's profile

pottz

#10 posted 10-25-2021 12:12 AM

- ColoradoJake

yeah love em,ive used the ugly by skil and the diablo in my cordless recip saw,works great.

#11 posted 10-25-2021 02:52 AM

- pottz

OK gents… not that it would have helped me as I hate reading, but where were your reviews in the past to help others?

View ColoradoJake's profile

ColoradoJake

#12 posted 10-25-2021 05:59 AM

- LittleBlackDuck

Haha, good call, I did not do a review. I had not thought of doing one before. I was more asking in case you had also used the blades for your hands on comparison. Thank you for linking that video, it was exactly as awesome as I had expected it to cut.

#13 posted 10-25-2021 10:44 AM

Tanya Ponsak was asking after you, she said something about a soccer game

allnew-gclub.co

#14 posted 11-29-2021 09:57 PM

I am not sure if i told you I trimmed a tree for a friend.

The limbs were overhanging power and telecom lines.

See the line and limbs on the left.

we mucked about for hours getting limbs off and not hit anything.

Eventually i found it was getting a bit dangerous so i made another cut!

#15 posted 11-30-2021 05:27 AM

Eventually i found it was getting a bit dangerous so i made another cut!

- robscastle

Hope you weren’t standing in a fork when you made that final cut or you’d really be forked.