Dewalt DXV10P 10 gallon quiet Shop Vac and DXVCS002 Dust Separator Cyclone

Review by Marv88 posted 10-05-2021 07:15 PM 1012 views 1 time favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Dewalt DXV10P 10 gallon quiet Shop Vac and DXVCS002 Dust Separator Cyclone Dewalt DXV10P 10 gallon quiet Shop Vac and DXVCS002 Dust Separator Cyclone No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Some of you may be familiar with a couple of my other dust collection contraptions using the Dust Deputy and Fein Turbo ll Dust Extractor seen below.

I have been using this combination for years with great success and a while back decided to set up a little dust collection system dedicated to my out feed table/power tool workbench.

Originally I was going to get the Dewalt Dust Extractor but after some googling I came across this Dewalt “quiet” Vac with a 2 stage motor like the Fein that was advertised as 50% quieter so I purchased that along with a vacuum auto turn on switch for less than half the price of the Dewalt Dust Extractor.

Although not quite as quiet as the Fein it is close (by ear) and at a lower frequency like the Fein instead of the high pitched frequency of many shop vacs so it is not annoying at all (I also added the diffuser/muffler which makes it even a little quieter). Fit and finish are excellent, suction is more than sufficient for using with power tools, hose and attachments are of good quality and not shown is the caddy on the back that holds everything. Also, the cord easily wraps around the carrying handle and there is a rubber latch on the front that holds the hose when not in use.

I originally purchased the Dustopper so I could keep everything low enough to fit under my counter however the decrease in suction from that was unacceptable so I returned it to Home Depot and just bought another Dust Deputy which worked fine as usual.

One day I came across this Dewalt Separator on Amazon and several features caught my eye right away. First was the way it mounted to the solid looking lid (the dust deputy bucket lid is extremely flimsy so I had to make a lid from plywood). Second was the drum on wheels which is virtually the same as the drum on my Dewalt 6 gallon shop vac.

Initial impression was it is of excellent quality, fit and finish as expected. The proof is in the pudding of course and my conclusion after using it for a while now is that it separates every bit as well as the Dust Deputy with minimal suction loss but is designed much better for sure. In these pics you can see it collected even the super fine dust from sanding and there is barely anything on the filter or in the vacuum drum.

Cost was the same as the Dust Deputy Deluxe I think it’s called (about $100.00) and the only small complaint I have is they could have included a window for checking the level but I can easily add that where the hose connection on the drum would normally go.

-- "Post count on a forum does not denote level of knowldege, skill nor experience"

View Kelly's profile

Kelly

#1 posted 10-07-2021 07:26 PM

How much did this run you? I tried to find one, but they show up as “unavailable” or not at all.

I love my Dust Deputies (one metal, for the job sites, and one plastic for the shop), but the plastic bucket requires a bucket tool to pop the top.

Anyway, wonder why these don’t show up in searches.

#2 posted 10-08-2021 03:25 AM

Anyway, wonder why these don t show up in searches.

- Kelly

It was $99.00 with drum and hose or $39.00 for just the cyclone. By the time I decided to buy it they were out of stock and I couldn’t find them in stock anywhere else online so I just kept checking Amazon every day until they came back in stock.

View Desert_Woodworker's profile

Desert_Woodworker

#3 posted 10-08-2021 04:23 AM

Interesting review on the DeWalt system. This would be something that I would have been interested in in the past. I have and use the Dust Deputy and the Dust Stopper with 2 Rigid vacuums, so I am all set. Just a note: IMO the Dust Stopper is a fantastic product and works perfectly. For the money Dust Stopper +1

-- Desert_Woodworker

#4 posted 10-08-2021 04:32 AM

- Desert_Woodworker

I didn’t test the dustopper for separation as I was pretty surprised at how much suction loss it had so I just returned it. Maybe defective? (I checked the seal and it was airtight)

View Desert_Woodworker's profile

Desert_Woodworker

#5 posted 10-08-2021 04:40 AM

I really like the DeWalt setup that you reviewed. After reading more about it- I agree with your review.

-- Desert_Woodworker

View Kelly's profile

Kelly

#6 posted 10-08-2021 05:48 PM

It would be nice to test my build against this. This one trumps my other [metal] DD, which is just a side by side, so requires a hose from the bottom to top.

When I checked, like this prettier system, there was no visible dust from vacuuming one gallon of fines and chips (mostly fines). The only way I could tell any fines had gotten past the cyclone was, the the mirror like stainless interior had obvious dust, but I could still comb my hair using the reflection.

On a whim, I looked at plastic drums with lids and latches in the 10 to 20 gallon range. One of those would make a nice collection can, because of the ease of removing, installing and sealing the lids.

The cyclone sealed and bolted to the top would just add to the strength.

Like the Dewalt system, adding a view port would be a must.