Simple Hollowing System

Review by hairy posted 09-11-2021 05:18 PM 720 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Simple Hollowing System No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ve had this a few months now, have only used it 6 or 7 times so far. I did a lot of web searching for hollowing systems, there’s a lot out there.

The first time out of the box it worked as advertised. I did watch all of their videos on youtube several times before assembly and first use.

It is expensive. I bought a package deal from Amazon.

It is very well built using high quality materials. Well designed, well packaged for shipping and Made in the USA.

#1 posted 09-14-2021 09:44 PM

I wish you hadn’t posted this. I’ve been lusting for one of those for awhile now. Even worse, your Robust lathe!

-- Nathan, TX -- Hire the lazy man. He may not do as much work but that's because he will find a better way.

#2 posted 09-15-2021 05:30 PM

Be good to yourself, go get them. It’s only money.

They both are everything they say they are. That lathe is 11 years old now and as good as ever.

View Mike_D_S's profile

Mike_D_S

#3 posted 09-15-2021 09:19 PM

Was the Amazon package deal a better price than straight from SWT?

I’ve also been looking at one of these for a long time. I like making hollow forms, but hate that catch.

-- No honey, that's not new, I've had that forever......

#4 posted 09-15-2021 09:36 PM

I kind of like the design of the Trent Bosch stabilizer system too. I like that it uses the tool rest to support the mechanism.

#5 posted 09-15-2021 10:10 PM

Amazon has a package that the manufacture doesn’t. Plus easier transaction and quick shipping.

I’m sure the TB stabilizer is very good. I have the carving stand he sells, it is very well made and sturdy.

#6 posted 09-16-2021 01:01 AM

I bought a set of the carbide tools directly from Harrison Specialties a couple of years ago and would have no qualms about ordering from them again. Was a pretty easy transaction and shipped pretty quickly. In fact, I would not be surprised if Amazon actually handled the fulfillment for them, since they also sell on Amazon and have Amazon pay on their website.

View GaryCN's profile

GaryCN

#7 posted 09-23-2021 09:25 PM

I just got the STH hollower with handle 26” long quite impressive, will be ordering the 90 degree from them soon. Amazon has limited options the S90D is only offered as a package with others so I will probably buy direct.

-- Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati