Karcher all that Drill dust... no Bull.

Review by LittleBlackDuck posted 09-01-2021 01:59 PM 1009 views 0 times favorited 13 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Karcher all that Drill dust... no Bull. Karcher all that Drill dust... no Bull. Karcher all that Drill dust... no Bull. Click the pictures to enlarge them

Boys and Girls, I purchased this gizmo about 4 years before joining LJ, so don’t go looking for my review or chastise me for not writing up that missing review… at least NOT a verbal chastisement….

Without prior consultation with the owner of my workshop, I hung it on the wall,

just short of a convenient reachable position and was too bloody lazy to grab a step ladder to climb up and retrieve it for those odd drill jobs… it was far easier to direct the missus to clean up… and after her refusal and a complimentary slap on the back of the head, go searching for the house vacuum cleaner myself.

Last month, before our 6.2th (hurty) C19 lockdown here in Victoria, I had my laser serviced and was promptly informed that if I had a fire, my powder based fire extinguisher,

would inflict more damage to the machine than any fire could.
Intimidated by that threat to my beloved laser, ”Internetted” a purchase of a 2kg CO2 fire extinguisher… (no, that’s not being reviewed here)… and decided to mount it on a brick wall.

Remembering my last experience with brick drilling and subsequent clean up, which managed to get emblazoned on my brain, in an area that alcohol could not obliterate, recalled the arduous task of rejuvenating the missus’s modern mode of transport, the electrified broom … (and the follow up cleaning the cleaner ). Oh-oh… that revelation is gonna hurt if she reads this.
So I reached for the ladder, scaled it, straddled the workbench and carefully descended with the gizmo in hand. After all the preliminary measuring, SketchUps, quality control, insurance verification, safety harness and appropriate PPE, I drilled the holes to mount the mount after mounting the gizmo in an incestuous way onto my drill bit.

The new fire extinguisher mounted,

and the resultant mess below,

WOT!... Didn’t see any?... that’s cause it’s all here,

and that was only from 3 of 6.5mm x 30mm deep holes. Would have done a right old sanding job on the Dyson.

While I was on a roll, I compromised in putting another CO2 extinguisher at the other end of the house… I decided to put it directly outside the bedroom,

just in case the missus thought I was just too HOT!

If you look closely at gallery picture #2 (or you can look closely below)...

the unit is fitted with a rubber skirt underneath to vacuum attach to a smooth wall… not much chop for bricks, but on smooth wall and ceilings it will self attach and does not need to be supported.

Keep safe, jocks... and your jocks, safe!

View GR8HUNTER's profile

GR8HUNTER

8885 posts in 1929 days

#1 posted 09-01-2021 03:00 PM

A video of you using it in your nighty would have been better LOL :<))))))))

-- Tony---- Reinholds,Pa.------ REMEMBER TO ALWAYS HAVE FUN :<))

View pottz's profile

pottz

20152 posts in 2201 days

#2 posted 09-01-2021 03:13 PM

- GR8HUNTER

better for who tony.not my eyes.

-- working with my hands is a joy,it gives me a sense of fulfillment,somthing so many seek and so few find.-SAM MALOOF.

View GR8HUNTER's profile

GR8HUNTER

8885 posts in 1929 days

#3 posted 09-01-2021 03:16 PM

- GR8HUNTER

better for who tony.not my eyes.

- pottz

not sure but remember laughing at the three stooges LMAO :<)))
he is all them wrapped into one

-- Tony---- Reinholds,Pa.------ REMEMBER TO ALWAYS HAVE FUN :<))

View Desert_Woodworker's profile (online now)

Desert_Woodworker

#4 posted 09-01-2021 05:47 PM

Thx for the advice on a CO2 extinguisher- good review

-- Desert_Woodworker

View splintergroup's profile

splintergroup

#5 posted 09-01-2021 07:35 PM

I’ve always questioned the sanity of the chemical extinguishers, Nothing like caking over the piece of equipment you are trying to save with a crusty layer of corrosive goo.

It does however avoid Greta from darkening your shop door and giving you the nasty scowl with the finger wag 8^)

Myself? I have a halon unit pulled form aircraft when they decided pilots shouldn’t succumb to oxygen deprivation in flight.

View ColoradoJake's profile

ColoradoJake

#6 posted 09-02-2021 01:46 AM

interesting gadget, I always use an envelope hung on the wall with tape to catch all my dust, always have an envelope lying around.

View crowie's profile

crowie

#7 posted 09-02-2021 06:47 AM

Handy little gizmo Ducky but an old vacuum cleaner works well too….

-- Lifes good, Enjoy each new day...... Cheers from "On Top DownUnder" Crowie

#8 posted 09-02-2021 07:04 AM

Thanks all for viewing and comments.

I was gobsmacked when I told the missus to sweep, I was gobsmacked again when I politely asked her to sweep, but the best gobsmack was when I realised how much dust it collected and I didn’t have to sweep.

not sure but remember laughing at the three stooges LMAO :<)))
he is all them wrapped into one
- GR8HUNTER

Seems like some of the Stooges have done a Groucho...
Turned into a 1 man band with Larry and Chemp embroidered on the animal nightie.

- splintergroup

Should fill it with helium... might alter her annoying yatter.

Actually the powder puffs was a result of me surrendering to my dark side and buying the cheapest extinguisher on offer at out local (hardware, not pub).

Unfortunately there are not too many abandoned military airfield in downtown Churchill for me to go sneaking on a halo’ raid... also, I draw the line at panty.

- ColoradoJake

Never tried that as all my envelopes are self sealed and they shut up as soon as I put something in them… nevertehless I’d question its affectiveness at capturing fine brick dust… Even if it captured 90%, you’d still have to get the vac out for the other 10%... and the effort is in getting the vac, not sucking up the extra 90%.

#9 posted 09-02-2021 10:57 AM

Handy little gizmo Ducky but an old vacuum cleaner works well too….

- crowie

A beautiful, rejuvinated, gorgeous, pretty, considerate, ever forgiving, popular, beautiful, rejuvinated, gorgeous, pretty, considerate, ever forgiving, popular, beautiful, rejuvinated, gorgeous, pretty, considerate, ever forgiving, popular, beautiful, rejuvinated, gorgeous, pretty, considerate, ever forgiving, popular, beautiful, rejuvinated, gorgeous, pretty, considerate, ever forgiving, popular…. missus, works well too... broken arms with a dodgy shoulder don’t!

C’mon crowie, don’t tell me you boys in white pants and neck-ker-chiefs and the Cher across the boom, don’t push the boundaries.

Seriously, that 3rd. hand, to hold the vac is hard to find on eBay… remember, the missus is a tad hesitant to assist… me!... bloody Dyson.

View Rich07081's profile

Rich07081

#10 posted 09-14-2021 02:57 AM

Mr. Duck,
Thank you for the best review that I have read on LJ!
It made me laugh harder than the time my roommate broke wind with such volume that she “Fluffed ” herself, and woke herself up! And for some illogical reason it was my fault and I was in trouble.

Thanks, again, for a wonderful review!

#11 posted 09-14-2021 07:10 AM

... and woke herself up!
- Rich07081

Reminds me of a trip I had up the snow, in a dorm setup, and some bastard kept waking me up with their snoring. I decided to soak a pillow and the next time they woke me I’d toss the soggy missile at them… Well I eventually got woken up only to find I was the only one awake and the snorer must have managed to stay asleep throughout all the noise.

View Woodnmetal's profile

Woodnmetal

#12 posted 09-14-2021 06:18 PM

Cool little cordless sucker. I’m thinking necklace…, It would probably pick up the chip crumbs off me chest during the half-time of a good football game! The beers well… do they have a wet dry type sucker?

Gary

-- I haven't changed... but I know I'm not the same.

#13 posted 09-14-2021 09:35 PM

... do they have a wet dry type sucker?
- Woodnmetal

Yep… it’s called a dog… just make sure it’s trained to operate the remote on command and knows how to fetch a full can of beer.