Incredibly worthless JUNK!

Review by darthford posted 05-30-2021 02:09 PM 1077 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Incredibly worthless JUNK! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I purchased this 5 roller stand at a local woodworker supply store recently. It’s embarrassingly bad.

1. The rollers are secured to the frame with bent over cotter pins and washers. Gouging your hand on these is pretty likely because they didn’t even bother to cut the shaft to length properly, it’s sticks out from the side frame about 3/4 of an inch in mid air.

2. Because the rollers are not bolted to the side frames there’s zero rigidity and there’s so much slop in the whole assembly the 5 roller frame twists and flexes like a wet noodle.

3. The roller shafts are just a piece of thin wall tubing with a hole drilled in each end for the washer and cotter pin.

The rest of the stand is just as cheaply made this thing is a complete joke. Incredibly it cost $131 wow, just wow. For that price I can buy a CAST IRON Jet single roller stand. The PalmGren version it’s cloned from is only a bit more.

Suffices to say I’m returning this thing.

View darthford's profile

darthford

View dave59's profile

dave59

#1 posted 05-30-2021 04:29 PM

Wow, apparently you don’t like it. It sounds like everything you mentioned should have been obvious when you looked at the display model if there was one on display.

-- Allegheny Woodcrafts

View darthford's profile

darthford

#2 posted 05-30-2021 05:04 PM

Wow, apparently you don t like it. It sounds like everything you mentioned should have been obvious when you looked at the display model if there was one on display.

- dave59

There wasn’t a display model, only one left in stock boxed. I think its reasonable to have an expectation of quality for $131 so I didn’t pay that much attention. The roller stand inventory was pretty decimated not much to choose from.

View pottz's profile (online now)

pottz

#3 posted 05-30-2021 05:48 PM

thats probably why there was no display model they didn’t want anyone too see how crappy it was.sad a company would sell junk like that.i dont like their mobile bases either,also poor quality.ill never waste money on shop fox again.

-- working with my hands is a joy,it gives me a sense of fulfillment,somthing so many seek and so few find.-SAM MALOOF.

View robscastle's profile

robscastle

#4 posted 06-02-2021 11:03 AM

nothing a few P clips wont fix, I don’t think I have ever bought anything I haven’t modified to suit myself.
lose nuts, their out! and in goes a nutsert, split pins! they do as their name suggests and in go P clips! so I can relate to that! non removable clamps on air hoses they are hacked off and on go worm drive clamps, and I dont care if they are illegal !
short power leads. their scrap metal and on goes a practical length
Pussy underrated wheels! their skating on thin ice as well.

Rant over tee hee!

-- Regards Rob

View Underdog's profile

Underdog

#5 posted 06-16-2021 03:18 PM

I’ve not been impressed with any Shop Fox tools I’ve used or bought. Your mileage may vary.

-- Jim, Georgia, USA

View Ocelot's profile

Ocelot

#6 posted 06-16-2021 08:26 PM

Thanks for the review. I promise I won’t buy one.

-- I intended to be a woodworker, but turned into a tool and lumber collector.