Amazing primer! Wish all my finish coats were as smooth.

Review by Rivercityjeff posted 05-19-2021 06:05 PM 1220 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Amazing primer! Wish all my finish coats were as smooth. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

So following the advise of Earlextech (Thanks Sam!) I switched from my old standby primer to Zinsser Bullseye Waterbased 123. It sprayed so nice and laid down so smooth. Finish coat smooth. Far superior to what I was used to spraying.

The project is a wall desk with lots of nooks and crannies. Hardware removed for finishing. Areas that would be ripe for runs or drips. Nada Nada none!

The fresh gallon required minimal water (less than 5%) to thin. Sprayed it with an Earlex 6003 Gravity sporting a 1.3 tip and needle.

Clean up is soapy water, light scrubbing, and rinse. Too easy.

-- Micah 6:8 <><

View Rivercityjeff's profile

Rivercityjeff

View mel52's profile

mel52

#1 posted 05-21-2021 02:53 AM

I may have to give this primer a try. I don’t spray much, but am wanting to do it more often. Thanks for showing this. Mel

-- MEL, Kansas

View CyberDyneSystems's profile

CyberDyneSystems

#2 posted 05-28-2021 04:36 AM

It’s like magic. Been using it for many decades. Shame to hear that Rustoleum bought them,. I hope they don’t wreck it.

-- Without the wood, it's just working

View Jokker78's profile

Jokker78

#3 posted 07-26-2021 02:49 AM

what i want to know , is how does the primer sand ? i like bullseye 2 because you can sand it super smooth after it drys.

-- Measure once, cut , measure again, cut and damn its still to short