Dead Nuts Accurate Squares

Review by pintodeluxe posted 04-30-2021 06:40 PM 753 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Dead Nuts Accurate Squares Dead Nuts Accurate Squares Dead Nuts Accurate Squares Click the pictures to enlarge them

I like the idea of fixed reference squares for tool setup and building crosscut sleds etc. Adjustable squares are great for everyday project work, but I also need fixed squares for precisely 90 degree settings. In use, these squares have really fit the bill. I didn’t know if they’d be more shop art than anything else, but I pull them down on a daily basis. The case is a great way to store, display and protect them. They can be a little large for some tasks, and I still reach for my 12” Starrett adjustable square quite often. Buy I am pleased to report that these have been a great addition to the shop.

Would highly recommend.

View pintodeluxe's profile (online now)

View Peteybadboy's profile (online now)

Peteybadboy

#1 posted 04-30-2021 08:51 PM

I have been daring myself to pull the trigger on one of those. My birthday is coming up and my dawg knows how to order off the internet. I think I need to let him know what I want.

Thanks for posting

-- Petey

View splintergroup's profile

splintergroup

#2 posted 04-30-2021 09:07 PM

You can’t beat the price of simple engineering squares for accuracy (esp. the PEC “seconds” on Ebay). You can also get a set of three for next to nothing and get something that is dead accurate or very close.

The WPs have a slew of built in features that can be extremely useful however and I certainly would not complain if I had a few to use 8^)
My only problem is they sure be purdy and I tend to protect and rarely use items of this caliber.

Heck Petey, you deserve it!. Tell Fido to go fetch!

View pintodeluxe's profile (online now)

#3 posted 04-30-2021 09:24 PM

Buy once and cry once I guess.

I certainly use mine. I was making a huge new crosscut sled this weekend and the 2616 was just the ticket.

Best

View RCCinNC's profile

RCCinNC

#4 posted 05-01-2021 01:52 PM

Absolutely essential for some of us particularly retentive woodworkers. I have multiple squares, but am confident of none of them when it absolutely positively really matters…the reason of course being…rough handling in a cluttered shop. Since my proclivity for knocking things off the workbench is likely to stay unchanged, I suspect I’ll pass…if only to save myself the agony of damaging perfection. ; )

Thanks for the review though!

-- Live to putter...putter to live!

View CaptainKlutz's profile

CaptainKlutz

#5 posted 05-01-2021 08:40 PM

So many questions:

Why are the nuts dead?

Did you kill the nuts with square?

Why use nuts on a precision square?

FWIW – If you have hopes of being a father in future, it is easier with live nuts.

Cheers…..

-- If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all, Doom, despair, agony on me… - Albert King - Born Under a Bad Sign released 1967