Pretty happy with the Kit

Review by whope posted 04-18-2021 08:40 AM 1360 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Pretty happy with the Kit Pretty happy with the Kit Pretty happy with the Kit Click the pictures to enlarge them

I was the Washington Woodworkers Guild booth at a woodworking show in Northern Virginia the last weekend before Covid shut everything down in 2020. I had decided to build an assembly table for the inside part of my shop. We had a couple of Noden Adjust-a-Benches in our booth and decided that I would use the kit as a starting point for my assembly table.

There was a Noden booth at the show, so I stopped by and ordered the kit. At the time, I decided not to get the mobility kit.

The kit arrived several weeks later, but I didn’t start assembling the kit until the Fall. There are some excellent, if somewhat over-detailed, YouTube videos that walk you through the construction. I thought about adding wheels myself, but after looking at it the mostly assembled bench, I decided the mobility kit was a better option.

My table is about 42” wide by about 84” long. If you didn’t get the mobility kit, 42” would be too wide for the base, which is only 19” wide.

I decided on the length based on the fact that 6’ long threaded bar was easy to obtain, anything longer than that, not so much.

If you have much weight on the table, it’s really hard to adjust.

Other photos on my Assembly Table project.

-- Measure it with a micrometer, mark it with chalk, cut it with a Hammer.

View whope's profile

whope

View Sark's profile

Sark

#1 posted 04-20-2021 03:36 AM

Thanks for the review. I had never heard about the adjust-a-bench before. I have often thought of a height adjustable bench, and considered for a while buying a hydraulic lift table to accomplish this.

Now, I would never give up the storage space underneath the bench for the advantage of height adjustment. I would like, instead, to have a bench that was adjustable in width.

View REL's profile

REL

#2 posted 04-21-2021 11:09 PM

whope, I bought one several years ago. Glad I have it. Though I haven’t used the height adjustment as much as I should. (Just not doing much woodworking lately.) Noticed your adjustment wire is in fact a wire. Mine is a chain used to repair old weighted windows. I went down to Noden’s shop in Trenton, NJ to check it out before purchasing.

-- REL, North Jersey

View whope's profile

whope

#3 posted 04-22-2021 12:52 AM

- Sark

Noden has a website where people have posted photos of their benches. Ono of them has cabinets underneath. I’m not sure what I’ll store under mine. Perhaps lumber.

-- Measure it with a micrometer, mark it with chalk, cut it with a Hammer.