woodpeckers router table free hand guard

Review by pottz posted 03-12-2021 09:10 PM 1154 views 0 times favorited 24 comments Add to Favorites Watch
woodpeckers router table free hand guard woodpeckers router table free hand guard No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

one of our members dw (desert woodworker) posted this a couple months ago,when i saw it i went and ordered immediately. it wasn’t yet available and i just got it yesterday.it is made to attach to woodpeckers lifts with two threaded knobs but can be retrofitted to any lift by simply drilling and threading a couple holes. a real simple guard that eliminates a starter pin.has a 2-1/2” opening that you can just plug your shop vac into.trying it out id say it sucked up a good 98% percent of the dust.cost is 39.99 not bad for what it does for free hand routing. i wish i had this years ago.

-- working with my hands is a joy,it gives me a sense of fulfillment,somthing so many seek and so few find.-SAM MALOOF.

View LittleBlackDuck's profile

LittleBlackDuck

#1 posted 03-12-2021 10:47 PM

I’ll tell you if yours is as good as mine when it arrives by the promised date somewhere in July.

#2 posted 03-12-2021 11:12 PM

I ll tell you if yours is as good as mine when it arrives by the promised date somewhere in July.

- LittleBlackDuck

july? wow.i think your gonna love it ducke works great when it was hooked up to the shop vac,very little dust.i loved it as soon as i saw it.

View Andybb's profile

Andybb

#3 posted 03-13-2021 01:27 AM

Ooooo! My PRL really wants one for its birthday! Should help as those cuts where I can’t use the fence always make a big mess. Ship date 4/15

The BEST Router Accessory Nobody Knows About! | Deep Dive

-- Andy - Seattle USA

#4 posted 03-13-2021 01:44 AM

Ooooo! My PRL really wants one for its birthday! Should help as those cuts where I can t use the fence always make a big mess. Ship date 4/15

The BEST Router Accessory Nobody Knows About! | Deep Dive

- Andybb

i guess their backed up on getting orders out,i ordered mine about 6 weeks ago.

View CWWoodworking's profile

CWWoodworking

#5 posted 03-13-2021 03:32 AM

looks like a great addition for not that much money. How hard is it to take off the clear guard? I would have one application where it wouldnt work.

#6 posted 03-13-2021 03:38 AM

- CWWoodworking

super easy buddy,just two knobs that lock it down to the table.but to remove the clear guard means removing the screws that hold the jig together.you could though make your own shroud that is taller if needed!this one is really deisned for 3/4 stock!

#7 posted 03-13-2021 03:46 AM

Looks good, pottz. I’d tell you that you could have made one using the Shaper Origin, but that would be rude.

Ah, what the heck. Get an Origin, pottz. You know you want one.

-- Half of what we read or hear about finishing is right. We just don’t know which half! — Bob Flexner

#8 posted 03-13-2021 03:54 AM

Looks good, pottz. I d tell you that you could have made one using the Shaper Origin, but that would be rude.

- Rich

damn you,you know my weakness too much.do i want one oh hell yeah,but swmbo was on my ass tonight saying ive spent 4k on tools the last month.so i say yeah so whats your point! not a good come back.ill be back though.i hope? lol.

#9 posted 03-13-2021 04:07 AM

swmbo was on my ass tonight saying ive spent 4k on tools the last month

- pottz

It’s all relative. You’ve already spent $4K, so what’s another three? Do I have to spell everything out?

#10 posted 03-13-2021 04:21 AM

swmbo was on my ass tonight saying ive spent 4k on tools the last month

- pottz

It s all relative. You ve already spent $4K, so what s another three? Do I have to spell everything out?

- Rich

i usually dont! i dont think it was that much though,she says it was,i say it wasn’t,so it’s a stalemate,therefore i win…..right?

#11 posted 03-13-2021 04:24 AM

so it s a stalemate,therefore i win…..right?

Heck yeah!!

View woodbutcherbynight's profile (online now)

woodbutcherbynight

#12 posted 03-13-2021 05:20 AM

LOL

So do I the pay for it thingie seems to get in the way.

-- Live to tell the stories, they sound better that way.

#13 posted 03-13-2021 05:23 AM

So do I the pay for it thingie seems to get in the way.

- woodbutcherbynight

For sure, Gunny. He always seems to sweat the minor points.

View tomsfoolery's profile

tomsfoolery

#14 posted 03-13-2021 06:45 AM

I just got to use mine the first time today and it was really good for the dust collection part of it. I really needed to make it taller. I was doing 1 1/4” cutting boards and it made it but not much. A question, I have a 20-year-old table and plate. Are you able to mount both screws? My base plate has only two screw holes so I can only screw one down. It holds

-- Purpose of Life a Life of Purpose

View Andybb's profile

Andybb

#15 posted 03-13-2021 07:44 AM

It might take a year to get it but that Shaper Origin seems like an expensive but worthwhile investment. My laser engraver is just a poor substitute for a CNC machine, which I have no room for.

-- Andy - Seattle USA