Kreg KRS1035 - Multi-Purpose Shop Stand (20in x 28in)

Review by Beuford posted 03-12-2021 07:50 AM 767 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Kreg KRS1035 - Multi-Purpose Shop Stand (20in x 28in) Kreg KRS1035 - Multi-Purpose Shop Stand (20in x 28in) Kreg KRS1035 - Multi-Purpose Shop Stand (20in x 28in) Click the pictures to enlarge them

Really nice quality. Heavy-gauge steel, well designed, precise manufacturing, sturdy, excellent powder coat. Went together exactly as the instructions stated, without any “goofy” issues or the use of a hammer (unlike may cheaper brands). Expensive, but worth it. No comparison to the cheaper competitor products.

One note: This comes with serrated flange nuts for the carriage bolts, but I dislike them. I replaced them all with washers, lock washers and normal nuts.

I was leery about spending twice as much as the cheaper brands, but once I opened the box and started assembling I knew I made the right decision. Nothing like having all the holes line up the first time (without a whole bunch of slop!).

I’m going to mount an angle iron frame to the top, then make plywood inserts for 3 different tools (2 saws and a sander). I’ll mount the inserts to the tools, then swap them out of the multi-purpose stand as needed.

View Beuford's profile

Beuford

View darthford's profile

darthford

#1 posted 03-12-2021 02:34 PM

Good write up I agree. I was looking for a 2×4 workbench for indoor guitar/amp work. I put a John Boos maple top on mine and Woodcraft casters. You know what makes a brute yet low cost lower shelf…and Oak stare tread.

View Peteybadboy's profile

Peteybadboy

#2 posted 03-12-2021 03:14 PM

I also have one and am happy with it

-- Petey

View Festdewalkita's profile

Festdewalkita

#3 posted 03-14-2021 03:00 PM

You could buy made in USA (so no Uighur/political prisoner labor) Incra stand (https://www.incrementaltools.com/INCRA_Router_Table_Stand_for_UP_to_43_Wide_Tabl_p/rtstand43.htm) that’s bigger by 10 inches and right now is cheaper.

The comparably-sized Incra is apparently $4.96 more, but right now is also on sale for less.

Sorry, but after 2020…it matters.

View moke's profile

moke

#4 posted 03-23-2021 01:23 AM

I wanted a table to assemble

furniture and cabinets on but didn’t want to take more space.

-- Mike