Great Potential, with Inconsistent Manufacturing

Review by pintodeluxe posted 12-27-2020 07:04 AM 1432 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great Potential, with Inconsistent Manufacturing Great Potential, with Inconsistent Manufacturing Great Potential, with Inconsistent Manufacturing Click the pictures to enlarge them

Here is my video review of the Dewalt 7670 dado blade set. I also take a quick look at the Infinity Dadonator, and Ridge Carbide Dado Master blades.

Thanks for watching.

aka DW7670 DeWalt Dado set

View James E McIntyre's profile

James E McIntyre

#1 posted 12-27-2020 04:54 PM

Great video. I have the Diablo set.
It leaves ridges and bat ears.

-- James E McIntyre

#2 posted 12-27-2020 05:32 PM

Yeah, the Diablo was my first dado set. I made a lot of projects with it, but it came back mangled from the sharpeners.

You are right, the low end sets (typically with two winged chippers) usually leave the worst scoring lines.

View REL's profile

REL

#3 posted 12-27-2020 11:00 PM

DeWalt Dado was recommended to me by a Sawstop tech guy. Weight of dado is an issue with sawstop, I guess.

-- REL, North Jersey

#4 posted 12-28-2020 02:27 AM

- REL

Yes, you are correct. The higher weight of full-blade chippers is a concern for use on a Sawstop. Dado blades with anti-kickback teeth also aren’t recommend for use on a Sawstop.

Luckily the Dewalt 7670 is okay with a Sawstop.

View James E McIntyre's profile

James E McIntyre

#5 posted 12-28-2020 03:53 PM

My shop is so small I can’t fit a saw stop. So I don’t care about what saw stop recommends. Would I like a saw stop? Yes I would like a saw stop. Will I ever own a saw stop?

Probably not.

Was this post about Saw Stop?

Probably not?

Pento did you ever use the Infinity set? If so what are your thoughts on it? I have several of their saw blades and I’m satisfied with their performance.

-- James E McIntyre

#6 posted 12-29-2020 12:33 AM

- James E McIntyre

Yes, I ran the Infinity Dadonator for 4-1/2 years and it performed very well. Probably the smoothest crosscuts in hardwood I have seen. The Ridge Carbide Dado Master is another great choice.
Here’s the Ridge Carbide Review… https://www.lumberjocks.com/reviews/12135

View sansoo22's profile

sansoo22

#7 posted 01-11-2021 05:19 AM

Nice review! The grooves from one of the chippers not being machined just right drove me crazy forever. Wish I had seen this a year or so ago. I would completely agree the DeWalt is a good set but I wouldn’t call it great. For plywood I don’t think I have any complaints. It’s really worked well for many cabinets and shelves I’ve put together in the shop. For hardwoods its a different story. I swear I always forget one of the 1/8” chippers is bad and whenever I go to cut a tall tenon I use it anyway. After some swearing…or lots of swearing…I finally remember.