Braun LED light BRAUN 390 Lumen Magnetic Slim Bar Folding LED Work Light

Review by Emanon posted 12-18-2020 02:34 PM 1285 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Braun LED light BRAUN 390 Lumen Magnetic Slim Bar Folding LED Work Light Braun LED light BRAUN 390 Lumen Magnetic Slim Bar Folding LED Work Light No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This one is from Harbor Freight. Hold on….please read on………..

Last year I was looking for a cheap LED for a project, a guy next to me started a conversation. During our conversation he asked if I had ever seen this work light. After responding ‘no’ he told me that he really liked this light and proceeded to tell me all about it. He liked it so much he bought everyone in his shop one (he owns an auto mechanics shop). Well 25 bucks (now 35) was a bit much but they guy was so adamant I bought it nevertheless.

Features:
Magnet on the bottom. This magnet is not one of those wimpy ones that you see start to slide down after a while. Nope, this one latches on with authority. I keep mine on a metal brace on my workbench and it does not budge.

Main light. LED and bright. Be careful, do not you turn it on while looking at it. I did and I will not make that mistake again. The light two modes, high and low.

Second Light. There is a small LED on the tip. Honestly, I never thought I would use it until a screw fell on the floor and bounced under a washing machine. The top of the flashlight is flat so you can get under washing machines, refrigerators, work bench, etc.

Adjustable. The light has a hinge half way up that will click into various angles, up to 90 degrees either way. This is useful when you attach it on a piece of metal or just need to adjust it when it is laying down.

Rechargeable. You charge it using a USB connection. Advertisement says 11 hour charge, I never took it that long…only recharged it a few times.

I am still a Noob on the site and somewhat hesitant to give this crowd any advice. Nevertheless, this light is “LumberJocks Worthy”.

View Emanon's profile

Emanon

View Rich's profile

Rich

#1 posted 12-18-2020 03:10 PM

Good review. I’ll second the five-star rating on this light. One extra benefit is that the battery is not built in. It’s a standard 18650 lithium, so you can keep a spare or two ready to go if you need it. You can buy that battery online and, since it’s commonly used for vape devices, most vaping stores will carry them too. I’ve never needed that, but I think it’s a nice option to have.

-- Half of what we read or hear about finishing is right. We just don’t know which half! — Bob Flexner

View Ocelot's profile

Ocelot

#2 posted 12-18-2020 03:28 PM

Thanks for the review. I’ll probably end up buying a few.

-- I intended to be a woodworker, but turned into a tool and lumber collector.

View HerringImpaired's profile

HerringImpaired

#3 posted 01-17-2021 04:47 AM

I ran out and bought one! Nice light, I used it tonight to light up my grill while cooking.
That magnet is no joke!, Thanks for the tip…..

-- "My greatest fear is that upon my demise, my wife will sell my tools for what I said I paid for them."

View tomsfoolery's profile

tomsfoolery

#4 posted 01-17-2021 06:36 AM

I was just in there and was looking at lights. I need a better one on my drill press and bandsaw. I will give it another look when I get back there. Always loves tools reviews no matter how small an item it is.

-- Purpose of Life a Life of Purpose