Easy-to-assemble, good quality lumber rack

Review by Smitty_Cabinetshop posted 08-22-2020 11:50 AM 911 views 2 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Easy-to-assemble, good quality lumber rack Easy-to-assemble, good quality lumber rack Easy-to-assemble, good quality lumber rack Click the pictures to enlarge them

Amazon purchase.

Needed to get some milled lumber off the floor and picked this product. Each arm rated for more than 100 pounds, I added a third rack to get more support to avoid sagging: the mfgr recommended 4’ spans but mine are 32” apart.

Now some math. I bought two boxes of racks. Each box holds two wall mount assys: I have one Wall assy left over and will be buying one more box to get another three mount rack. But others may be okay with wider spans.

Anyway, steel bars are solid, all pre-drilled holes were right on. Finishes were nice as well. Assy of the rack was very easy. I had to purchase six 3” lag bolts (1/4”) with washers to mount everything on the wall; that was expected.

Love the rack, no regrets, 5 stars.

-- Don't anthropomorphize your handplanes. They hate it when you do that. - OldTools Archive -

#1 posted 08-22-2020 01:18 PM

Thank you Smitty.

#2 posted 08-22-2020 02:18 PM

Hi Tony! Thx. Hope all is well with you and yours in The Age of Covid! :-)

View chuckin's profile

chuckin

#3 posted 08-22-2020 03:05 PM

Thx for review.You are right to add the extra support.I have two of these and sagging is a issue.I am going to add a extra support to mine.But I do like them.

View Pat3's profile

Pat3

#4 posted 08-22-2020 03:58 PM

Thanks for the review Smitty.
I have looked at these but I just don’t have the shop space. So my wood gets leaned against the wall in a small section of the garage.
So jealous of your shop space!

#5 posted 08-22-2020 11:41 PM

Hiya Smitty! All is well here, thank you sir. I hope you can report the same about yourself and all your folks.

View Madmark2's profile

Madmark2

#6 posted 08-22-2020 11:56 PM

Nice to see someone that stickers their stock. Well done.

You make the chairs? Nice work if so.

-- The hump with the stump and the pump!

#7 posted 08-23-2020 02:02 AM

Tony….

We’ve made it through fine to this point… Two sons and my wife have tested covid positive and come through without issue. That means lots of quarantine for yours truly. But, it is what it is!

Mark, I hang my head in shame, as I did not create those chairs. They’re for future rehab.

#8 posted 08-23-2020 02:40 AM

Sorry you had trouble but happy that you’re all doing okay.