bosch get75-6n

Review by pottz posted 08-18-2020 12:55 AM 2969 views 0 times favorited 57 comments Add to Favorites Watch
bosch get75-6n bosch get75-6n No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

well i was looking at and contimplating getting a festool rotex,started to look at reviews and came across one that pushed me to bosch,it was done by a guy that runs a commercial cabinet shop.he has and has used both sanders extensively.it his opinion was they were both equal in performance and said why spend twice the money.so i didn’t and got the bosch.having just done some testing with it im real happy so far,the sander really removes wood fast on the turbo setting.it’s variable speed if needed to do final sanding or polishing but intention for this sander is gonna be for fast sanding with keacy grits in the 80-150 range.i plan on using abranet type discs which have worked very well with my fein collector.the dust collection tube on the side is easily removed with the push of a button if needed.side handle is also removable to either side.comes with a nice 12’ cord.i have the rockler duct right flexi port connectors that plug right onto the dust tube.there is a removable sheild that surrounds the sanding disc when your tight againts something.so far i love it and am glad i saved the extra 250 bucks,although i didn’t get a fancy systainer,but i have no need for another storage box i would through away anyway.

-- working with my hands is a joy,it gives me a sense of fulfillment,somthing so many seek and so few find.-SAM MALOOF.

View RCCinNC's profile

RCCinNC

#1 posted 08-18-2020 01:32 AM

Enjoy your new toy! Looks like a beaut…and a good value. I’d be hard pressed to purchase Festool anything for the price. There stuff is nice, but price wise, I can’t justify the expense. I’m sure there will be detractors to the above statement, but I like to buy tools and be able to afford to eat at the same time…. ; )

Sand away to your heart’s content Pottz!

-- Live to putter...putter to live!

#2 posted 08-18-2020 03:08 AM

I should have done a Rotex review if only to make the decision just that much harder… or maybe easier if you agree with many that consider this LBD talks crap!

You would have gotten my undying approval towards the Bosch if it wasn’t for me taming those bloody systainers.

Nevertheless I believe it is a good 2nd. choice out of the two leaders in the race.

I can’t poo-poo the Bosch as I haven’t used it, however, I could enter the debate by my take and experience on the Rotex...

Even reading back this reply prior to [SEND], the Rotex name stands out compared to the humble Bosch.

I won’t insult the Bosch by saying that Abranet would make even a block sanding pad stand out.

View FestusHaagen's profile

FestusHaagen

#3 posted 08-18-2020 03:33 AM

I have had this sander since 2005. The first one lasted through 2000 bd.ft. of white oak. My biggest complaint was the size of the handle. I have small hands and I can’t use it one handed. Worked well until 2016 when it abruptly stopped. I took it to an authorized Bosch repair shop where they replaced the brushes for $77. Had I known I could have replaced them for about $10. Apparently, when they get worn down they are designed to pop out, leaving you dead in the water. Back to the shop, but 2 months later the bearings went out. This time the cost to replace bearings was not cost effective. I was in a quandary, what to do! I had tons of 6” sanding disks. I wanted a smaller sander that would fit my hand better. In the end I went back to the same sander. I just hope this one lasts a little longer. Besides I have all the repair parts from the old one. Good luck with yours!

-- Ed Haagen, Moscow, Idaho

View recycle1943's profile

recycle1943

#4 posted 08-18-2020 10:25 AM

I’d like to offer input on sanders but my only inexperience is that nearly any tools are a bargain compared to the over priced green machines –
A Chevy Impala will get you there as soon as a Cadillac for half the price.

-- Dick, Malvern Ohio - my biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells my toys for what I told her I paid for them

View EarlS's profile

EarlS

#5 posted 08-18-2020 11:59 AM

hmm – now you have me wondering about ROS vs this style of orbital sander.

I use a Mirka 5” Deros or else a PC 4×24 belt sander. Where does this type of sander fit in?

#6 posted 08-18-2020 12:00 PM

I d like to offer input on sanders but my only inexperience is that nearly any tools are a bargain compared to the over priced green machines –
A Chevy Impala will get you there as soon as a Cadillac for half the price.

- recycle1943

So will a worn out pair of shoes… but I know which I’d rather travel in.

I bet you’ve got a fridge… my mum and dad had a metal box and a block of ice to keep their food cold… both “boxes” work… ice is cheap… which would you prefer?

View Jim Jakosh's profile

Jim Jakosh

#7 posted 08-18-2020 12:37 PM

I went to look at it on E bay to see what the features were and found it was dual action just like my Makita.
I found this reconditioned one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bosch-6-Dual-Mode-Variable-Speed-Random-Orbit-Sander-Model-GET75-6N/383677572860?hash=item5954f726fc:g:XO8AAOSwbEhfA2PF

I bought my 6” Makita used on E bay and have used the heck out of it for about 8 years and only just had to replace the backing pad. It will take 1/16” off a table top in no time. I can’t justify the cost of Festool products.

Hi Earl I had been using belt sander and finishing sander until I borrowed a 6” dual mode orbital from my buddy , Tim the Toolman. That made me have to have one…you’ll see if you can get to try one. That aggressive mode make work so easy!

cheers, Jim

View RCCinNC's profile

RCCinNC

#8 posted 08-18-2020 12:40 PM

Haha! And away we go!

LBD, you got money to burn! ; ). Actually…not knocking Festool…I’d own a Porsche if I could, even though my 2001 Honda still runs like a champ….
Every tool’s value is according to the purchaser and their needs. If you’ re gonna use it all day, every day, than by all means, go for the top end. But if it’s going to spend more time collecting dust than making dust…then my money’s better spent elsewhere.
Like the wine store.
Or the Porsche dealership…though that would have to be with someone else’s money…; )

-- Live to putter...putter to live!

#9 posted 08-18-2020 01:34 PM

You would have gotten my undying approval towards the Bosch if it wasn t for me taming those bloody systainers.

I can t poo-poo the Bosch as I haven t used it, however, I could enter the debate by my take and experience on the Rotex...

I won t insult the Bosch by saying that Abranet would make even a block sanding pad stand out.

- LittleBlackDuck

i knew what too expect from you on this,weve discussed these sanders in the past but after seeing some reviews by guys that use them a lot more than i ever will the bosch at hundreds less just made more sense.i can but a lot of abranet with that money.

#10 posted 08-18-2020 01:37 PM

hmm – now you have me wondering about ROS vs this style of orbital sander.

- EarlS

ive got a deros myself and will continue to use it for my final fiinish sanding but when i need to get aggressive on a large surface the bosch makes quick work of a part of woodworking im not crazy about.

#11 posted 08-18-2020 01:51 PM

... But if it’s going to spend more time collecting dust than making dust…
- RCCinNC

But a Fe$tool collects gold dust... bloody wanna for the price!

View Andybb's profile

Andybb

#12 posted 08-18-2020 06:31 PM

Damnit pottz! Now I want one.

-- Andy - Seattle USA

#13 posted 08-18-2020 09:34 PM

Damnit pottz! Now I want one.

- Andybb

sorry andy but you wont be getting one.it’s gonna save me a lot of time,it’s like the speed of a belt sander but the gentle action of a ros.

#14 posted 08-18-2020 11:04 PM

... the bosch at hundreds less just made more sense.i can but a lot of abranet with that money.
- pottz

I know far too many blokes with 2 black eyes and broken limbs that dared to use that same argument to SWMBO when she was contemplating a pair of pumps and the poor wretch suggested some Kmart slippers.

Andybb, I also practice a mean Deros wield, however, here I will compromise with pottzy and concur that the aggression of a dual sander is akin to a visit to Madam X and hard to beat.

#15 posted 08-18-2020 11:10 PM

- pottz

- LittleBlackDuck

ha ha your a true poet ducks-lol.