MLCS Fabulous products AND Service

Review by SouthpawCA posted 07-26-2020 11:11 PM 488 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
MLCS Fabulous products AND Service No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have a small garage shop in which I still have to park my car. So, awhile ago I purchased the MLCS Cast Iron Extension Table Top #9625 and mounted it to the left side of my table saw replacing the existing cast iron top. I had to mount it on the left side because the clean out is on the right side. Besides, being left handed, I hardly ever do anything on the left side of the blade … much to the dismay of my high school shop teacher. It was simple to install.

Forward ahead a few years. I’m getting tired of bending over to adjust my router height and change bits, so … I purchased the U-Turn Router Lift #9563. It took awhile to arrive, but I did eventually get it. I had to buy a router reducer #9568 to fit my DeWalt router. No big deal.

The instructions weren’t that great, but it is fairly intuitive except for one piece … Part K bracket. The piece is shown on the picture on the box and on the parts list, but there is no mention of it in the instructions as to what to do with it and it doesn’t look like it fits anywhere. I called the service department and explained my issue. And then sent a picture. It seems I’m the first person to run into this … being left handed I run into a lot of these situations, no left handed desks in class rooms, scissors, and the worse thing – spiral bound notebooks. And now mounting my router table and lift on the wrong side!

WELL! Jeremy at MLCS took my situation and within a few days had made up a bracket that mounts on the side of the extension table top on which to mount the infamous Part K. After mounting everything I realized there was a bit of engineering that went into this little piece … it had to hold the handle securely at the proper distance so the gearing on the lift are at a perfect 90° angle to gears on the handle. I used it a few times now and it is fantastic. And finally able to change bits from the top of the table.

Kudos to Jeremy and everyone at MLCS … 5 stars for everything and 10 for Jeremy

View Everett1's profile

Everett1

#1 posted 07-27-2020 02:02 AM

Hey Man,

I have the same extension; it was on my old 1946 Delta Unisaw. I got a new table saw recently, and changed my setup around, and it doesn’t allow for me to mount it to the new saw.

You have any more pictures of the setup? I’m thinking i can mount the extension table to a shop made cabinet (i don’t use a router table all that often, so smaller size it great).

I’m just on the fence of the U-Turn vs PowerLift Pro. Has the U-Turn part of the setup proven to be easy to micro adjust bit height?

thanks!

Ev

-- Ev

#2 posted 07-27-2020 05:22 AM

Here is the pic of the saw with the extension

#3 posted 07-27-2020 05:28 AM

As for micro adjusting I was going to test that out … how much does on complete turn raise or lower the bit. Similar to the DeWalt 735X if you turn the crank any amount it stays where you put it without having to unlock and lock the router. If you can turn the handle you can raise or lower the bit.

View Everett1's profile

Everett1

#4 posted 07-28-2020 03:57 PM

Thanks man,

Yeah, my old unisaw, the motor was on the right side, so i mounted that same extension table to the left side, worked great.

New saw the motor is mounted on the left side, so not an option anymore; i also got the 52” extension table on the right, so doesn’t work over there either.

Hoping this can attach easy to a cabinet; or i might just order a whole new setup, don’t feel like dealing with building one.

-- Ev