Broken Screw Extractor - Unscrew-Ums

Review by CL810 posted 05-30-2020 04:18 PM 965 views 1 time favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Broken Screw Extractor - Unscrew-Ums No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I heard about this life saving tool on an old (2014) Fine Woodworking podcast. Fortunately for me, T & L Tools is still in business.

If you have ever broken a small delicate brass screw while installing a hinge you will appreciate this tool. It will remove broken screws with minimal removal of wood. So far I’ve been able to just put in a new screw.

The only caveat is that while the unscrew-ums are hardened steel, they do not last forever and this is explicitly covered on their website. I wish I had ordered 1 or 2 extra Unscrew-ums for the most common screws so a project will never be delayed again.

I highly recommend this tool and visiting their website.

-- "The only limits to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." - FDR

View CL810's profile

CL810

View theoldfart's profile

theoldfart

#1 posted 05-30-2020 05:52 PM

Looks pretty neat Andy. I usually drilled out then doweled. Looks like the standard set is in my future, thanks for the review.

-- "With every tool obtained, there is another that is needed" DonW ( Kevin )

View pottz's profile

pottz

#2 posted 06-01-2020 03:43 PM

thanks for this good to know ill check em out

-- working with my hands is a joy,it gives me a sense of fulfillment,somthing so many seek and so few find.-SAM MALOOF.