Dust deputy gets 10 stars

Review by ibewjon posted 05-17-2020 07:27 PM 699 views 0 times favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Dust deputy gets 10 stars Dust deputy gets 10 stars No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Last night I tried my new dust deputy on a 5 gallon bucket connected to an older Craftsman shop vac. I was collecting the dust from a Supermax 19-38 sander. It did an outstanding job, very little dust in the filter, and over 2 inches of dust in the bucket. For me, it is temporary until I get my main DC piping extended to my front garage area, but it is a great addition for anyone not having a whole shop system.

View dday's profile

dday

#1 posted 05-18-2020 06:12 PM

I just hooked mine up yesterday—and tried the whole dumping sawdust on the floor and testing it. I concur, it worked great. I used it later connecting to ROS and it increased the suction that there was no residue.. now , to build a cart to house it along with my shopvac

View Peteybadboy's profile (online now)

Peteybadboy

#2 posted 05-18-2020 08:30 PM

I have ione on my mitre saw. I would say it’s effective. Worth it.

-- Petey

View Rich1955's profile

Rich1955

#3 posted 05-19-2020 12:42 AM

I have the dust deputy on my shop vac and the super dust deputy on my dust collector, and i’m happy with both of them.

-- Rich

View mel52's profile

mel52

#4 posted 05-19-2020 04:40 AM

I’ve had one for almost five years and no complaints. Hooked up to 6 hp Ridgid. Mel

-- MEL, Kansas

View bugradx2's profile

bugradx2

#5 posted 05-19-2020 10:03 PM

I have a small shop so the dust deputy and a shop vac are the dust collection system. I’ve had it 18 months or so and continue to be impressed by it. Almost nothing, if anything at all, makes it past it to the filter in the shop vac. I even used it to clean up drywall dust from some work I did in our master bathroom and it did a great job on that.

-- The only thing not measured in my shop is time

View recycle1943's profile

recycle1943

#6 posted 05-20-2020 11:28 AM

I don’t have a dust deputy but it sounds like I should look into getting one.

-- Dick, Malvern Ohio - my biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells my toys for what I told her I paid for them

View Aaron312's profile

Aaron312

#7 posted 05-21-2020 12:26 AM

I have a Fein turbo vac with a dust deputy. Way better than I was even hoping for. I have used it with a Bosch Random orbital sander and have absolutely dustless sanding. Just wonderful!

View ScottKaye's profile

ScottKaye

#8 posted 05-21-2020 01:46 PM

a shopvac w/dustdeputy on a 19-38 and it works?? are you kidding me? that thing produces tons of fine dust. that’s one mighty strong vac. but can it suck a tennis ball through a garden hose? lmao

-- "Nothing happens until you build it"

#9 posted 05-21-2020 06:33 PM

I was shocked as well. It is a 30 year old Craftsman, maybe better than the modern ones. I was doing 1 board about 18” wide, and 3’ long. Got inches of dust in the bucket, nothing noticable in the air. I will be running my 5” duct out to the sander, but also adding a 5” cyclone because I also have a 15” planer and a w& h molder to collect from. The shop vac is temporary, but really works surprisingly well with the DD. The vac alone clogged quickly.

View WoodenDreams's profile

WoodenDreams

#10 posted 05-26-2020 03:36 AM

ibewjon… Which size shop vac are you using. Shop vac has over 40 models of shop vacs.

#11 posted 05-26-2020 12:23 PM

As I stated, it is an older Craftsman vac. Model to follow later today.