Cant Get It Assembled!!!

Review by doctimw posted 05-08-2020 03:05 PM 1070 views 0 times favorited 15 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Cant Get It Assembled!!! Cant Get It Assembled!!! Cant Get It Assembled!!! Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought this combo sander for a project build for my wife for mothers day. I only have 2 more days and all I needed was some final sanding prior to finishing the stain and protective layers. The spindle knob (free floating) won’t even thread onto the spindle. Took belt off and just tried to free-hand it on but it doesn’t seem to fit. Threads appear to be okay and no sign of any x-threading seen. Has anyone else run into this problem and was there a fix. Our local HD doesn’t have any in stock as this was the last one they had. Thanks HD, no final gift for my wife on Mothers day!!

View doctimw's profile

it is reverse threaded

View Madmark2's profile

Madmark2

#2 posted 05-08-2020 03:26 PM

Turn it the other way. Its left handed threads. There should be a lock/unlock symbol with arrows on the top of the knob.

When all else fails RTFM as they say in the Army.

-- The hump with the stump and the pump!

View doctimw's profile

doctimw

#3 posted 05-08-2020 04:07 PM

Yes, discovered that the knob is reverse threaded and immediately wanted to update my review so that others would be able to assemble theirs. Thank you for validating my discovery! I was in a time crunch and somehow completely overlooked that line in red in the manual. Thank you again and now I can get to finishing up my mother days present of a custom designed distressed wooden shelf to mount her new soundbar and appleTV.

View Samgar's profile

Samgar

#4 posted 05-08-2020 04:08 PM

I had the same problem when I bought mine years ago. I felt like a complete moron when I noticed the thread was the other way. Felt especially dumb when I looked at the top of the knob and there was a picture that showed, in all its graphic glory, which way I should turn it. If that is the problem, don’t feel bad. We all have these kind of moments.

View Rich's profile

Rich

#5 posted 05-08-2020 10:31 PM

Why is this posted as a review?

-- Half of what we read or hear about finishing is right. We just don’t know which half! — Bob Flexner

View Brandon's profile

Brandon

#6 posted 05-09-2020 12:06 AM

Why is this posted as a review?

- Rich

So OP could rate the sander 1 star for his own inability to read the manual.

-- "hold fast to that which is good"

View LittleBlackDuck's profile (online now)

LittleBlackDuck

#7 posted 05-09-2020 10:37 AM

Come down to Australia… everythings backward here.

Honest mistake and I sympathise, as I hate reading (too)... but one must RTFM before hitting that red panic button.

View Redoak49's profile

Redoak49

#8 posted 05-09-2020 01:52 PM

Too often people come on LJ just to rant about something in a review. Unfortunately, the rant back fired. I doubt we will see this person again.

View Ocelot's profile

Ocelot

#9 posted 05-09-2020 02:38 PM

He has over 700 posts. We all make mistakes.

View GR8HUNTER's profile

GR8HUNTER

#10 posted 05-09-2020 02:47 PM

he only has 2 posts and NO PROJECTS i agree RTFM :<))))))))

-- Tony---- Reinholds,Pa.------ REMEMBER TO ALWAYS HAVE FUN

View jacquesr's profile

jacquesr

#11 posted 05-10-2020 03:24 AM

Give the guy a break! Not everyone is a rocket surgeon.

View Madmark2's profile

Madmark2

#12 posted 05-10-2020 04:30 AM

Sturgeon.

-- The hump with the stump and the pump!

View robscastle's profile

robscastle

#13 posted 05-10-2020 08:59 AM

Joined in 2011 and been busy ever since.

-- Regards Rob

View pottz's profile

pottz

#14 posted 05-11-2020 02:46 PM

damn late to the party,and it sounds like it was a good one too-lol.

-- sawdust the bigger the pile the bigger my smile-larry,so cal.

View LittleBlackDuck's profile (online now)

LittleBlackDuck

#15 posted 05-11-2020 03:13 PM

damn late to the party,and it sounds like it was a good one too-lol.

- pottz

Last man shouts pottzy... You Yanks know what a shout is… It’s not a loud NO, denying your hand into your lobster-pot wallet (the one that moneys goes in but never comes out of)!