Promark Soft Close Drawer Slides

Review by ScandiaSawdust posted 03-31-2020 02:43 PM 795 views 2 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Promark Soft Close Drawer Slides No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ve installed a lot of drawer slides in my 25 year cabinetmaking career and was looking for some reasonably priced soft close side mount drawer slides for a low-use project. I’ve tried a few brands on a couple of projects but was underwhelmed with one in particular – the Promark soft close slides. Not only were they loud when closed (and not even on the drawer!) but the ball bearing count was less than all the similar brands, they only had one spring and the slide was very sloppy.

For the record, I use Blum undermounts for any kitchen project where durability is a must but some drawers aren’t worth the extra $15-20. And Accuride side mounts are outrageously priced.

Anyway, hopefully save anyone from purchasing these. It’s tough on some of these slides to know who really makes them but suspect they are also sold under the Liberty brand.

-- Cold North

View ScandiaSawdust's profile

ScandiaSawdust

View pottz's profile

pottz

#1 posted 03-31-2020 07:49 PM

thanks for the heads up.welcome to lj’s.

-- sawdust the bigger the pile the bigger my smile-larry,so cal.

View LittleBlackDuck's profile

LittleBlackDuck

#2 posted 04-02-2020 11:07 AM

Ditto… welcome that is to Lumberjocks S’S’...

I am barely tolerated in Australia so having disclosed my location, I have never heard of the product and would probably never consider them, however, was intrigued by the fact that if you thought so poorly of them why did you give it such a high score of 2.

View iminmyshop's profile

iminmyshop

#3 posted 04-03-2020 03:41 AM

View RPhillips's profile

RPhillips

#4 posted 04-07-2020 11:52 PM

I was considering these exact ones, thanks for the review.

I’m going to be building a storage cabinet (all drawers) in my shop soon, what slides would you recommend? I was considering soft close since those were relatively cheap, but I think regular slides will be more realistic for my budget.

Thanks in advance.

Edit. Just looks that review you linked. Thanks!

-- Rob - Indianapolis IN - Learning... one mistake at a time...