Customer Service is not dead!!!

Review by TommyMick posted 03-04-2020 01:42 AM 2104 views 1 time favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Customer Service is not dead!!! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

So, about six months ago I bought the Makita Track Saw (corded version- not that it matters) and love it. Can’t say enough about owning a track saw and how it has improved my work flow. With all my love toward my new track saw I have found it to be time consuming and ,at times, aggravating trying to get the track to square up on sheet goods. So much so that I’ve quit trying to get perfect cuts and have been over cutting by up to a quarter inch at times and then trimming to final width on the table saw. Because of my aggravating and time consuming attempts I decided that a track square was a necessity. Well, to waste your time- I have not purchased the square yet… but wait wait wait, I’m buying it tomorrow and will do a comprehensive review when I have my hands on it for a while (at least a month of actual use). The point of this review, though, is the excellent customer service TSO Products provided this evening:

I am in the process of buying the grs-16 and called TSO Products 1-800 number listed on their website around 6pm. I had to leave a voice mail because the audio recording says they stop the phone lines around 4pm I believe. Literally 30 minutes after calling the 1-800 number my phone call was returned by an actual human- a professional one. The reason for my phone call was to inquire about a military discount or promotion code that could ease the hefty price tag. Well, no questions asked the TSO Rep on the phone provided a coupon code for my use! Now, it would not be fair of me to share the code as it’s a military discount code but I’m sure if you’re on the fence about it you can reach out yourselves and inquire. It’s a shame that there are not more USA MADE USA based customer orientated companies such as TSO Products. Very impressed with the quick returned phone call and excellent customer service- more to follow.

View TommyMick's profile

TommyMick

#1 posted 03-04-2020 09:58 AM

If you buy the product, you’ll be just as impressed with it.. I bought the GRS-16 PE a while back and love it.

View mbg's profile

mbg

#2 posted 03-04-2020 02:13 PM

Their stuff is as addictive as the green tools. I have their GRS-16 PE, parallel guide system, and a BigFoot. All are excellent tools.

View RPhillips's profile

RPhillips

#3 posted 03-04-2020 10:34 PM

Anyone tried the GRS-16 with a Dewalt Track?

-- Rob - Indianapolis IN - Learning... one mistake at a time...

#4 posted 03-04-2020 10:40 PM

- RPhillips

I haven’t, however, if no one replies… all tracks (ok most) are interchangeable so I see no reason why not… However, as To’Mic’ suggests, their customer service should answer all your questions… just please post their answer (if asked) for other readers.

View TommyMick's profile

TommyMick

#5 posted 03-05-2020 12:53 AM

No, this one is for Makita, Festool, or Triton tracks it says

#6 posted 03-05-2020 03:50 AM

No, this one is for Makita, Festool, or Triton tracks it says

- TommyMick

Looks like Tracks were designed by the same inconsiderate imbeciles as shop-vacs, where NO two shop-vacs, all rated at 2 1/2”, are interchangeable... at least Mak’, Fe$tool and Triton toed the line and followed the right track :-) .
Unfortunately for you RP’, that still doesn’t detract from the magic of the GRS-16 (xx).

it says”... still wouldn’t hurt to ask TSO… sometimes when pattents expire, production lines start to churn and old ads/specs are not updated. There are articles saying they work with deWalt… but hell, it’s only a few words away to ask the expert and avoid potential wasting of your shekels or missing out on a good opportunity.

View Spitfire1's profile

Spitfire1

#7 posted 03-11-2020 04:07 PM

I have the GRS-16 with a Makita track. Used it for about a year. Love it. I find I am no longer cutting pieces oversized and to manageable sizes and then cutting to final dimensions on the table saw but simply cutting to final dimension on the track saw.

I am now seriously considering the woodpeckers or Seneca parallel guides.

View mbg's profile

mbg

#8 posted 03-12-2020 01:23 PM

I am now seriously considering the woodpeckers or Seneca parallel guides.

- Spitfire1

Spitfire1 add TSO’s TPG parallel guide system to your list. I had the WP version and did not like it. Have been using the TSO TPG and it’s not just a parallel guide system it is also my go to for repetitive cross cutting lumber too. It’s almost replaced my SCMS.

Mike

View roofner's profile

roofner

#9 posted 03-19-2020 05:18 AM

I don’t see how it could work. No back edge track to attach to .

-- Gary New York