century pro lock connector

Review by pottz posted 02-08-2020 10:00 PM 558 views 0 times favorited 13 comments Add to Favorites Watch
century pro lock connector century pro lock connector No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

as far as power cords or plugs go there really hasn’t much change in many years until this came out.century wire and cable just came out with a line of power cords in 50’ and 100’ the feature a locking female end called pro lock.once the male end in inserted it will not come out until you pull back the sleeve,like an air coupler works.besides cords they also have replacement plugs as shown.i have drop cords in various places and i was always having cords pull out,but this plug solves that problem very well.the plug also has an amber light that tells you the power is on.on the cords they also glow green telling you it’s properly grounded.the plugs go for 21.58 on amazon.not cheap but well worth what it does.

View clagwell's profile

clagwell

#1 posted 02-08-2020 10:35 PM

Interesting. So it turns a 5-15P (and maybe a 5-20P also?) into a locking connector via a special locking receptacle. The lights are a nice whiz-bang feature.

It’s certainly more elegant than what I usually do:

It’s probably a lot less stressful on the cords too.

Nice find.

-- Dave, Tippecanoe County, IN

#2 posted 02-08-2020 11:01 PM

Looks like a well hung solution. The only thing that pisses me off more than separated cords, is me forgetting to turn the power on and then hiring a sparkie to find the source of my problem!

Know the feeling well as I have a number of hanging outlets that like to spit the dummy and cut me off mid sanding (or whatever over the top clandestine activity I am engaging in).

Do they need to be ”electricianised” to a power tool or can they be somehow adapted and shared?

Years ago I bought a swag of these gizmos (and gave them away to people just to make new friends)...

I lost all my friends, ran out of gizmos (actually, I now only have a few left… few) and they’re no longer available/manufactured.

Zounds like your gizmo is the next best alternative… if only it came in claret red and not baby shit blue.

#3 posted 02-08-2020 11:12 PM

I lost all my friends, ran out of gizmos (actually, I now only have a few left… few) and they re no longer available/manufactured.

- LittleBlackDuck

they also come in all black ducks,but sorry no bloodshot eye red-lol.

#4 posted 02-08-2020 11:19 PM

.... sorry no bloodshot eye red-lol.
- pottz

My blood is NOT shot... it is pickled... and please refrain from hijacking this serious review or I’ll just have to report and block you. Mine was a serious color question, devoid of my alcoholism connotations!

#5 posted 02-09-2020 12:12 AM

.... sorry no bloodshot eye red-lol.
- pottz

My blood is NOT shot... it is pickled... and please refrain from hijacking this serious review or I ll just have to report and block you. Mine was a serious color question, devoid of my alcoholism connotations!

</blockquote

my apologies mr duck i will keep further comments strictly per review standards,and i also apologize for any remarks alleging you have a problem with drinking…............(wine blowing all over,then laughing my ass off.

View Jerry's profile

Jerry

#6 posted 02-09-2020 02:14 AM

So, these are great pottz, thanks for bringing them to my attention.

-- There are good ships and there are wood ships, the ships that sail the sea, but the best ships are friendships and may they always be. http://www.geraldlhunsucker.com/

View doubleDD's profile

doubleDD

#7 posted 02-09-2020 02:12 PM

Didn’t know they made these. I’ll definitely get some.

-- Dave, Downers Grove, Il. -------- When you run out of ideas, start building your dreams.

View smitdog's profile

smitdog

#8 posted 02-11-2020 04:27 PM

Dang it pottz, now I have to change all the ends of my power tools…

-- Jarrett - Mount Vernon, Ohio

#9 posted 02-11-2020 07:16 PM

Dang it pottz, now I have to change all the ends of my power tools…

- smitdog

ha sorry about that but it’s worth it.i was really tiered of cords pulling out of my drop cords so this has been great for me.damhikt but the retailers pay about 10-1/2 bucks so maybe if you guys needed a bunch you could negotiate a better deal than the 20+ most are charging including amazon.

View tvrgeek's profile

tvrgeek

#10 posted 02-11-2020 10:40 PM

NEMA L6-20

#11 posted 02-11-2020 11:14 PM

NEMA L6-20

- tvrgeek

yeah twist lock plugs nothing new,dont like em for use on tool cords,too bulky and i dont want to change out a plug on a good tool cord.

#12 posted 02-12-2020 02:46 AM

... and i dont want to change out a plug on a good tool cord.

DOH! Buy cheap tools...

Actually pottzy I don’t think you described how they are used. Don’t you need to change the plug on the tool?

#13 posted 02-12-2020 02:40 PM

... and i dont want to change out a plug on a good tool cord.

DOH! Buy cheap tools...

Actually pottzy I don t think you described how they are used. Don t you need to change the plug on the tool?

- LittleBlackDuck

didn’t i say that,the plug on the tool cord.hey you gonna cut the plugs off all your pretty festool cords and put on a bulky twist plug,i think not.i do use them on all my 220v machines though.