Ultra quiet air compressor

Review by BigShooter posted 02-06-2020 12:21 AM 614 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Ultra quiet air compressor Ultra quiet air compressor No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I already have a 30 gallon craftsman compressor for big operations. However my small pancake compressor died. So I was looking for a compressor for my shop just to run small nailers.

I will say this is the quietest power tool in my shop. I am amazed at how quiet it is. At 2.2cfm at 90psi you are not going to frame a house with it. But for small nailers it works like a charm.

I have only used it for a few months so I can’t speak to the longevity. But it seems like it is well made. Time will tell.

-- Cherish wily thoughts and keep a tight grip on your booze

View BigShooter's profile

BigShooter

View dday's profile

dday

173 posts in 2061 days

#1 posted 02-06-2020 02:12 PM

I have the upright version of this compressor and love it.
You can barely tell it’s running.

View fivecodys's profile

fivecodys

#2 posted 02-06-2020 04:21 PM

I have one here at the shop that we use on our laminator. We have had it a couple of years and it runs 8 hours a day 5 days a week. The only issue we have had is this piece (circled in red) the cap rattles loose now and then. No big deal. A slight turn and it quietens right down.

When my old pancake compressor dies I plan on replacing it with this unit.

-- A bad day woodworking is still better than a good day working.

View RobS888's profile

RobS888

#3 posted 02-06-2020 06:51 PM

I’ve had the 10 gallon upright for 4 years and only trouble was the muffler referenced above loosening.

-- I always knew gun nuts where afraid of something, just never thought popcorn was on the list.

View BurlyBob's profile

BurlyBob

#4 posted 02-07-2020 04:23 PM

I’m looking forward to the day my pancake compressor dies os I can get one of these.

View grantd's profile

grantd

#5 posted 02-07-2020 07:48 PM

Have one as well and have been equally pleased. I actually have run a framing nailer off of mine but I was framing one board at a time in place during a interior renovation so the compressor had plenty of time to recharge between boards. Like the others that part rattles on mine too. I was able to run the compressor in the basement without waking up my kids napping in the room directly above. I was quickly told the pin nailer was too loud though so that was the end of me hanging trim during nap time.

View Buck_Thorne's profile

Buck_Thorne

#6 posted 02-13-2020 12:56 AM

I just got mine in today. Replaced a little Harbor Freight pancake compressor. I could not believe the difference! I’m still stunned. The HF compressor needed my ear protection to be anywhere near it, and would kick in after about 10 seconds of using the air and run forever. The sweet little dream just whispers, takes no time to fill the tank, and that tank lasts many times longer than the HF’s tank.

I bought it primarily because of this review. I did do my homework after reading this, and found a few minor criticisms but even if they hold true, I’ll take it. Giving the pancake away to my neighbor, if he wants it.