Light my Life

Review by LittleBlackDuck posted 01-01-2020 12:26 AM 850 views 0 times favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Light my Life Light my Life Light my Life Click the pictures to enlarge them

Boys and Girls,

I was bragging about my dexterity about punching numbers into a combination locks when the subject of this torch arose…

Not going to crap on like I normally do (let’s see that when I hit the [SEND] button)…

I came across these little 9V battery driven torches at one of my local hardware (Gippsland Bearings, Morwell) outlet.

It is a 2 or 6 gang (button selected) LED lights powered by a “standard” 9V battery.

Those that may ask ”How many lumens?”... buggered if I know, but it’s a helluva lot better than a match or a cigarette lighter… and you don’t even have to be a smoker… just alarmist (read on)...

If you are anyway safety conscious with smoke alarms, you are advised to change the battery every 6 months. Now unless you cook with a lot of grease, the chances of the smoke detector screaming in your ear may be minimal, which means that the replaced 9V battery still has plenty of juice.

I have been using these torches for about 8 years and have never had to buy a new battery for one… (one day I might even turn one on to see if they still work [c’mon just gagging]).

When I first saw them, I bought about 20 of them ($6 each, including battery) and used them as little gifts to any unfortunate that decided to visit me… all were grateful and I needed the bribe to bolster my friend quota.
From Gallery picture #1 you may summise I haven’t that many friends… just another gagging, I have a torch in nearly every room of the house and I do replenish by bribing stockpile on occasions.

View robscastle's profile

robscastle

#1 posted 01-01-2020 09:10 AM

Oh LBD do I need to get the miniature violin out ? whats happening there more QLD visitors?

-- Regards Rob

#2 posted 01-01-2020 02:21 PM

Pissant miniature? I thought it was worthy of a Stradivarious....

.... more QLD visitors?
- robscastle

Nope… Changed the bloody combination… Now they defecate on the neighbors lawns.

View WoodenDreams's profile

WoodenDreams

#3 posted 01-01-2020 09:54 PM

I’ve gotten 8 or 9 of these mini flash lights from different truckstops over the years. Mine are all yellow instead of black. I keep these in all my vehicles, shop, and in the house.. I paid $1.99 each, and they’re well worth it, in a pinch. Space saving verses the larger flashlights. Not meant to replace a main flashlight, but very handy in a pinch.

#4 posted 01-02-2020 12:54 AM

- WoodenDreams

Looks like I’m preaching to a bloody smart “converted”... You are 110% correct and my intention is to let all the other 1,998,457 fellow LJ’ers (sorry will not name you all) stay out of the dark…

View robscastle's profile

robscastle

#5 posted 01-02-2020 09:42 PM

From #2 Stone the flamin crows LBD

Hoo bloody rah mate!... (got and CCTV footage to share)

-- Regards Rob

View doubleDD's profile

doubleDD

#6 posted 01-04-2020 04:00 PM

With all the different varieties of battery flashlights out there this one has potential for a cool mini. Never knew they existed. Thanks for sharing Duck.

-- Dave, Downers Grove, Il. -------- When you run out of ideas, start building your dreams.

View pottz's profile

pottz

#7 posted 01-06-2020 08:18 PM

cool gadget ducks but when i really needed it id never find the damn thing.plus most cell phones have built in flash lights.but go ahead and send me one,and one for rc too while your at it.

-- sawdust the bigger the pile the bigger my smile-larry,so cal.

#8 posted 01-08-2020 02:31 PM

- pottz

True, but you need one of these in your phone pocket so you can find your mobile to use as a flasher…

#9 posted 01-08-2020 02:33 PM

- pottz

BTW. It’s illegal to use phones in cells here in Australia.

View pottz's profile

pottz

#10 posted 01-08-2020 02:57 PM

- pottz

BTW. It s illegal to use phones in cells here in Australia.

- LittleBlackDuck

i see your dilemma ducks.

-- sawdust the bigger the pile the bigger my smile-larry,so cal.

#11 posted 01-08-2020 08:00 PM

.... i see your dilemma ducks.
- pottz

Now that’s profound pottzy... without a PowerCell 9V Torch.