Laguna Resaw King bandsaw blade

Review by Fleamo posted 11-16-2019 03:48 AM 946 views 1 time favorited 15 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Laguna Resaw King bandsaw blade Laguna Resaw King bandsaw blade Laguna Resaw King bandsaw blade Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have been impressed and could not be happier with this blade’s performance and results. It cuts veneers with a very smooth finish.

-- Visit the forest and appreciate the source of our craft’s raw material.

View Fleamo's profile

Fleamo

#1 posted 11-16-2019 04:58 AM

Agreed. You can wait until they go on sale but still worth every penny. I have 2. One I bought and the other given to me by customer service. Mine is almost 2 yrs old and still going strong. Plus you can send them back to Laguna for sharpening.

View Hazem's profile

Hazem

#2 posted 11-16-2019 04:07 PM

Whats size did you get?

#3 posted 11-16-2019 05:53 PM

I have a Laguna 14/12 so the only option is the 3/4” which is the smallest they make.

View northwoodsman's profile

northwoodsman

#4 posted 11-17-2019 04:17 PM

I have the same blade and it is fantastic. A few weeks ago I was resawing an 8/4 piece of Purpleheart that was about 8” wide (tall). I was feeding it too aggressively and the blade ended up jammed into the wood. Wow. Now what do I do? It took about 30 minutes but I ended up getting it unjammed without damaging the blade or breaking off any teeth. Lesson learned. These are expensive blades ($150 or so) but worth every penny.

-- NorthWoodsMan

View Bob Kassmeyer's profile

Bob Kassmeyer

#5 posted 11-17-2019 09:57 PM

I loved mine, right up until the moment that it broke. I think I had cut about 200 linear feet when it did. I sent an email to Laguna and never got a response. It broke just after completing a resaw cut on some 8-inch oak before I had a chance to shut the machine off. I’m sure I did something wrong and I just wanted their input before I spent that much again, but heard nothing from them. I saw that it had cracks in most of the gullets so I decided not to try and get it welded again. I bought a carbide blade from Grizzly, the cut is not quite as nice but I’ve had it for a long time now and it hasn’t broken.

-- Bob Kassmeyer, Nebraska

View DMiller's profile

DMiller

#6 posted 11-18-2019 12:11 AM

I really like the one I’ve got, received it from Laguna’s customer service for writing a review. My biggest thought is will this blade last 5x that of most resaw saw blades? Most resaw blades are somewhere around $30, so I could purchase five for the cost of one Resaw King. By no means trying to down put the blade I have, I really like the one I have just not sure I could justify buying one over 5 other blades.
-Dale

-- Dale Miller Modesto, CA "I can do all things through Christ, which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13. "Woodworking minus patience equals firewood."

#7 posted 11-19-2019 01:30 AM

- Bob Kassmeyer

You should call them. Tell them what happened and they might send you a new blade.

View Fleamo's profile

Fleamo

#8 posted 11-19-2019 01:00 PM

I have a 3/4” and I bought it at 10% off. What you pay for the blade, you’ll save on wood by maximizing the veneer yield.

Northwoodsman, Call Laguna at 800.234.1976 and talk with customer service. They will be able to fix or replace it with a discount most likely. Good Luck!

-- Visit the forest and appreciate the source of our craft’s raw material.

View Steve's profile

Steve

#9 posted 11-21-2019 02:34 PM

That looks close to a planer-smooth finish. Nice for a band-saw!

-- Free Wood Videos Here: https://bit.ly/2s0LyPT"

View edapp's profile

edapp

324 posts in 1992 days

#10 posted 11-25-2019 02:13 PM

Absolutely love mine. I sometimes have to really feel or look into a light source to determine which was the resawn side of a board. This blade made me finally trust my bandsaw for resawing and other accurate work!

View EvilSpammerLocked's profile

EvilSpammerLocked

#11 posted 11-26-2019 06:50 AM

Dear Woodworker, do you want to learn woodworking? or gain additional experience?

Good day, dear woodworker-participant lumberjocks com … and we want to encourage the retired master craftsman to finally reveal his secret archive over
16,000 plans – more details on the link ~ http://3weekiet.com/woodworkingrmr ~ click here

-- Teds Scammer: Do not click or interact.

View Mario's profile

Mario

#12 posted 12-09-2019 04:14 PM

And this is mine….four years later, well taken care for, normal use, never overloaded or abused in any way, it will perform as advertised, it is a very good saw as far as finish is concerned but not a long lasting one for sure….

View splintergroup's profile (online now)

splintergroup

#13 posted 12-09-2019 07:30 PM

Mario,

The picture is fuzzy, is that a crack in the center of the pic?

What diameter wheel does that saw have?

View Mario's profile

Mario

#14 posted 12-09-2019 08:28 PM

Yeap, there are actually two cracks one above and one below the tooth, this is a Powermatic, 14 ” wheel, 6”riser, 105” blade

View splintergroup's profile (online now)

splintergroup

#15 posted 12-09-2019 11:00 PM

Ok, thanks.
These are probably fatigue cracks. When the RK first came out they only recommended use on 18”+ saws due to the smaller diameter wheel causing metal fatigue. I had read somewhere that they had relaxed that requirement, but the blade I have is still rather thick (I have a 16” saw)