The True Position Tools Cabinet Hardware Jig Ensures Error Free Installations

Review by Rich posted 09-19-2019 05:35 AM 1178 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
The True Position Tools Cabinet Hardware Jig Ensures Error Free Installations The True Position Tools Cabinet Hardware Jig Ensures Error Free Installations The True Position Tools Cabinet Hardware Jig Ensures Error Free Installations Click the pictures to enlarge them

When it comes to installing cabinet hardware, if you’re doing one or two knobs or pulls, it’s easy enough to measure and drill by hand. When doing an entire kitchen, a jig really comes in handy and virtually eliminates costly errors.

This is the True Position Tools TP-1935. The kit contains all of the pieces from the TP-1934, such as guides, bushings, etc, along with an extended ruler for larger drawers and a set of guides that can accommodate very long handles, as well as serving as a 32mm drilling jig for shelf supports.

More information about its features are available on their web site.

To further reduce error, rather than measuring the space between the drawer pull posts, I took two #8-32 screws, which are the most common for cabinet hardware, and turned the heads down to just under 5mm, to allow them to be used to set the guide bushings, rather than measuring. You can see that in the images below.

This is a precision jig and I expect to get a lot of use out of it.

Retail: $299 I got mine on eBay, new in box with free shipping for $222.50, so deals can be found.

View Rich's profile

Rich

View zzzzdoc's profile

zzzzdoc

#1 posted 09-22-2019 01:06 AM

I’ve been using mine for several years. It’s a little awkward clamping it down in position, but you get perfectly spaced holes every time. Really like having it.

-- Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

View toddbeaulieu's profile

toddbeaulieu

#2 posted 09-26-2019 03:40 PM

I have this. It’s nice, but when I build my kitchen cabinets I needed more length, so I will be forced to spend another .. what? ... $150 for the extensions? Completely unnecessary but I like nice tools. I wish it had the extensions included.

View Rich's profile

Rich

#3 posted 09-26-2019 04:39 PM

I have this. It s nice, but when I build my kitchen cabinets I needed more length, so I will be forced to spend another .. what? ... $150 for the extensions? Completely unnecessary but I like nice tools. I wish it had the extensions included.

- toddbeaulieu

You’re referring to the TP-1934. The TP-1935 I wrote about has the extensions. It’s the full kit. It can do pulls with as much as 36” between the posts if needed. And, I only paid just over $220 for the entire set, which is only $30 more than the retail price on the TP-1934.

It’s not unnecessary when you mount as much hardware as I do.