Kreg Foreman Pocket Hole Machine

Review by Not Here posted 07-26-2019 09:36 PM 2304 views 0 times favorited 56 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Kreg Foreman Pocket Hole Machine No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

View AZWoody's profile

AZWoody

1477 posts in 1998 days

#1 posted 07-27-2019 03:25 AM

I’ll pass…

View Rich's profile (online now)

Rich

#2 posted 07-27-2019 03:56 AM

- AZWoody

You were able to follow the link? It’s all messed up. I can see what part of it is the link to the video, but frankly, if the OP doesn’t care enough to test his links in the post, I don’t care enough to watch it.

Also, I have commented on technical issues with this person’s builds, and he doesn’t bother to respond. If he doesn’t care enough to respond to comments on his videos here on LJ, then why should I bother to watch them?

The bottom line is, if someone wants us to watch their videos, they should show best practices, and the poster should give enough of a crap about LJ to participate here.

-- Half of what we read or hear about finishing is right. We just don’t know which half! — Bob Flexner

View abie's profile

abie

#3 posted 07-27-2019 01:45 PM

Pass too.

-- Bruce. a mind is like a book it is only useful when open.

View AZWoody's profile

AZWoody

1477 posts in 1998 days

#4 posted 07-27-2019 06:26 PM

- AZWoody

You were able to follow the link? It s all messed up. I can see what part of it is the link to the video, but frankly, if the OP doesn t care enough to test his links in the post, I don t care enough to watch it.

Also, I have commented on technical issues with this person s builds, and he doesn t bother to respond. If he doesn t care enough to respond to comments on his videos here on LJ, then why should I bother to watch them?

- Rich

If all he wants is to link to youtube rather than to add to the community here, I won’t even bother to try the link.
Besides, I already have one and know how it works.

When does this start crossing over into spam territory? He just wants to build views on youtube to make money.

#5 posted 07-27-2019 11:04 PM

- Rich

If all he wants is to link to youtube rather than to add to the community here, I won t even bother to try the link.
Besides, I already have one and know how it works.

- AZWoody

My apologies, I don’t know why the link gets messed up when I post here. It does however work now. You are free to scroll past or not click if you feel that it is spam. I don’t currently make any money off YouTube, but appreciate all that I have learned by watching others who take the time to make videos to give back to the Maker community. Thanks!

#6 posted 07-31-2019 02:27 AM

Welcome to LJocks-
I saw and the link- went well- vid was a “grass roots” review.
Before Kreg- there was a company Porter Cable who owned this market circa 2000 and sold for about $700
Kreg really did their job on capturing the pocket-hole market…

#7 posted 07-31-2019 02:38 AM

Thanks! I didn’t know Porter Cable had one back then, very interesting. I know this forum seems to have more purist woodworkers who look down on pocket holes, but I have never had a structural problem with them. Thanks!

Welcome to LJocks-
I saw and the link- went well- vid was a “grass roots” review.
Kreg really did their job on capturing the pocket-hole market…

- Desert_Woodworker

#8 posted 07-31-2019 02:54 AM

“purist woodworkers who look down on pocket holes, but I have never had a structural problem with them.”_
Structurally sound- NO it is a secondary fastener unless you use them in “knockdown” furniture…

-- Desert_Woodworker

View Rich's profile (online now)

Rich

#9 posted 07-31-2019 04:08 AM

Never mind.

View ScottKaye's profile

ScottKaye

#10 posted 07-31-2019 12:14 PM

This area really should be about reviews. The WRITTEN kind. Put some effort into a written review and you might get a few more favorable responses. Generally, posting a link to a video and nothing else is slightly frowned upon here. Its viewed as spam whether you intended it as such or not.

- WoodChuckCreations

-- "Nothing happens until you build it"

View pottz's profile

pottz

#11 posted 07-31-2019 10:01 PM

- ScottKaye

if your sending us to someone else or a company video i say no but since this was a video review by the op i dont mind and i actually like it more so than a written review,im more of a visual person where he is showing us how the machine performs rather than reading about it.i find nothing wrong with this type of review,but thats me.

-- working with my hands is a joy,it gives me a sense of fulfillment,somthing so many seek and so few find.-SAM MALOOF.

#12 posted 08-01-2019 12:57 AM

- ScottKaye

- pottz

#13 posted 08-01-2019 03:31 AM

Thanks! I didn t know Porter Cable had one back then, very interesting. I know this forum seems to have more purist woodworkers who look down on pocket holes, but I have never had a structural problem with them. Thanks!

op
I will join the “never mind(s)”
The pocket hole is a joint but “never mind”
(thanks Rich)

View Wildwood's profile

Wildwood

#14 posted 08-01-2019 09:05 PM

Didn’t like OP’s video and found few others with more info or entertaining.

Much better video:

Could not find one for less than $450 and no mention of rebates! Think for hobby shop work K5 better deal at fraction of the cost. Don’t think can buy new big or small Porter Cable pocket hole jigs so have to find one used.

-- Bill

#15 posted 08-02-2019 01:21 AM

Here’s the rebate, Google is amazing! Feel free to watch other videos that entertain you :)

Didn t like OP s video and found few others with more info or entertaining.

Much better video: