Handy EDC (Everyday Chisel?) 18mm Pocket Chisel

Review by Rich posted 07-09-2019 09:59 PM 649 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Handy EDC (Everyday Chisel?) 18mm Pocket Chisel Handy EDC (Everyday Chisel?) 18mm Pocket Chisel Handy EDC (Everyday Chisel?) 18mm Pocket Chisel Click the pictures to enlarge them

I first saw these advertised in Furniture & Cabinetmaking, a woodworking magazine published in the UK. As luck would have it the chisels were available on Amazon UK for shipping to the USA. I would have preferred a couple of millimeters wider blade, but, as is often the case on Amazon, the prices and shipping costs vary across different models of the same product and this one was a good price. At the time I bought this, it was $14.73 with $6.40 shipping.

The quality is excellent. The long handle is nicely textured and gives you a lot of control. The blade has a rust free coating on it, but I had to take off an inch or so of it when I flattened the back (which was pretty flat to start with). I also cut the bevel back to 25ยบ. According to the card that came with it, it can be struck with a mallet.

It comes with a nice quality sheath that clips to your belt or pocket. It will get a lot of use in my shop when I need an “Everyday” chisel for utility work. I still have my better bench and butt chisels for finer work.

Bottom line: If I lost it, I’d order another one.

-- Knowledge is not skill. Knowledge plus ten thousand times is skill. -- Shinichi Suzuki

View Rich's profile

Rich

View cmmyakman's profile

cmmyakman

#1 posted 07-19-2019 08:32 PM

Great review – thank you

-- You can't fail if you don't give up.

View Hansen1's profile (online now)

Hansen1

1 post in 52 minutes

#2 posted 07-22-2019 10:19 AM

looks great!Thank you for your review :.-)