Good Plan but Poor Printing

Review by Redoak49 posted 05-11-2019 01:38 PM 328 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Good Plan but Poor Printing No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I recently purchased the Model A Roadster Plan from Gatto Plans. The details in it are pretty good but the printing is not good.

The plans arrived and printed on blue paper. This makes it very difficult to make copies to use while making the model. In addition, the printing is small and looks like it was typed and probably was as it is copyrighted in 1990.

For my older, more mature, eyes, this plan is very user unfriendly. I have tried scanning to black and white with different settings to try to get rid of the blue but it is extremely difficult to do this and still have nay quality of text. I have spent time trying to copy it with different settings and the results are marginal.

Gatto probably printed it on colored paper to prevent people from sharing copies but this makes it difficult to even use the plans. This will be the last Gatto Plan that I purchase. I would be glad to pay more for the plans if they were printed on white paper and with better clarity.

View Redoak49's profile

Redoak49

View robscastle's profile

robscastle

#1 posted 05-13-2019 02:18 AM

You may wish to try this
Go get a sheet of yellow film from a craft shop place that on the copier and then the plans it should make the image clearer.

I think there is a global plot against old people and the size of print sellers use on their instructions
Huge print for non essential information but the actual product like shampoo or conditioner is a micro dot.
Paint and semi industrial instructions are just as bad.

Nice work on the model!

-- Regards Rob

View Redoak49's profile

Redoak49

#2 posted 05-13-2019 10:52 AM

I wish that was my model…..the picture is just the shot from their website.

The print is small and not real clear so no matter what I try to get rid of the blue the text is poor quality.

I also bought the plan from Forest Street Designs and it is great.