Always sharp drill bits.

Review by mafe posted 04-26-2019 09:54 AM 1181 views 1 time favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Always sharp drill bits. Always sharp drill bits. Always sharp drill bits. Click the pictures to enlarge them

Always sharp drill bits
I love it!

Bought this little fellow two years ago and think it needs attention….

I am one of those guys who hates dull tools and even more find a dull drill bit when I need just that size, so after yeas of frustration, I decided to go the lazy road of a drill bitt sharpener and honestly it was a wonderful choice.

I don’t have much to say, except learn how to sharpen by hand on your grinder, or buy one of these, this is so fast and so useful, that I promise you, that you will love every penny spend and on the long term you will save money too.

I have made a rutine now of sharpening a bunch at the time, but also just as needed, it’s often, while working we need that sharp drill bitt, that leaves a crisp cut.

So full house of stars, for being easy effective, saving time, money and proven it’s value over time.

I add a link to a video, of a guy showing how easy it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcJ0s-14o2Y

Hope this can be useful.

MaFe

-- MAD F, the fanatical rhykenologist and vintage architect. Democraticwoodworking.

View Jim Jakosh's profile

Jim Jakosh

#1 posted 04-26-2019 11:52 AM

That is really cool,Mads. I like the fact that it also narrows the point for easy feeding…especially into steel. I have never see one that did that

I always do them by hand. when I was an apprentice, they showed me how to hand sharpen drill and narrow the point. My job was to all them in the tool crib…thousands! I learned real well from that. but this is slick!!!!!!!!!

cheers, Jim

#2 posted 04-26-2019 11:55 AM

Jim, that’s the ‘real’ way and the cool way. ;-)
Cheers, Mads

View lew's profile

lew

#3 posted 04-26-2019 01:05 PM

Nice review, Mads!

I picked up a similar model at a garage sale. Agree with everything you said about it.

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

#4 posted 04-26-2019 04:33 PM

Lew, yes one of those things we just enjoy when there and did not know we needed.
Smiles,

View dschlic1's profile

dschlic1

#5 posted 04-26-2019 06:07 PM

Very similar to a Drill Doctor.

View Ocelot's profile

Ocelot

#6 posted 04-26-2019 10:41 PM

Where can you get one of those in USA?

#7 posted 04-27-2019 12:24 AM

Ocelot, I have no clue, I’m living in Copenhagen Denmark and bought mine on E-bay Germany. ;-)
But it looks like the drill doctor is the same machine more or less.
dschlic1, yes I agree.

View GR8HUNTER's profile

GR8HUNTER

#8 posted 04-27-2019 12:43 AM

yes except for how you sharpen them drill doctor takes a knack to run it i have the 750 model :<))))

-- Tony---- Reinholds,Pa.------ REMEMBER TO ALWAYS HAVE FUN

#9 posted 04-28-2019 12:28 PM

GR8HUNTER,
I can see the 750 is a more advanced model, where you vĀ“can change the angle for different types of drills, where the BSG13E, is just a fixed angle, that’s a really cool option to have.
Thanks.
Here videos of both:
Drilldoctor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEDnVAJR3gQ
Holtzmann BSG13E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e54D6x07-OQ

View Joe Lyddon's profile

Joe Lyddon

#10 posted 04-28-2019 11:03 PM

A very COOL TOOL… THank you!