leigh vrs4200 vacuum & router support

Review by pottz posted 04-20-2019 06:34 PM 817 views 0 times favorited 13 comments Add to Favorites Watch
leigh vrs4200 vacuum & router support leigh vrs4200 vacuum & router support leigh vrs4200 vacuum & router support Click the pictures to enlarge them

got this accessory recommendation for my porter cable 4216 dovetail jig from fellow good friend and lumber jock little black duck.as soon as i checked it out i ordered it.after the first test of the router jig (i did a review on the porter cable jig also) i knew i needed some type of dust collection,everyone knows the dust created routing.this was an easy to setup jig that not only collects about 90 percent of the dust but also creates a great support for the router.the jig just stays attached to the dovetail jig so their is no setup to do each time.im very happy with the jig and this dust collector and highly recommend the two together.

check out the link for complete info and price.

View socrbent's profile

socrbent

#1 posted 04-21-2019 12:46 AM

Poltz – +1 for this unit. Works great with my Leigh dovetail jig.

-- socrbent Ohio

View Grumpy's profile

Grumpy

#2 posted 04-21-2019 01:05 AM

Great acquisition Potz, enjoy.

-- Grumpy - "Always look on the bright side of life"- Monty Python

View doubleDD's profile

doubleDD

#3 posted 04-21-2019 03:41 AM

Looks to be a great unit that does the job. Thanks for posting, it’s good to know.

-- Dave, Downers Grove, Il. -------- When you run out of ideas, start building your dreams.

#4 posted 04-21-2019 05:33 AM

yeah I cant say more about it,except it works!

#5 posted 04-22-2019 01:06 AM

Hey pottzy, nice review on this and the 4216… however, you trying a LBD impersonation?... lotssa worrds but no bleeding sawdust… or did you use some of those slats from the bed to practice on and not revealed it?

#6 posted 04-22-2019 01:19 AM

- LittleBlackDuck

sawdust? what sawdust that’s why it got 5 stars!

#7 posted 04-22-2019 01:35 AM

sawdust? what sawdust that s why it got 5 stars!
- pottz

I am a silly old duffer… I will recluse myself and self flagelate (Madame X on holidays)....

Yeah we do get paranoid about sawdaust nowaday and forever bettering our collectors… needless to say, I sawdust years ago, however, I still see it… all over the furniture… OUCH! missus just took liberties with the back of my head… I’m one of the few males with the bald spot at the back not the top!

View robscastle's profile

robscastle

#8 posted 04-22-2019 05:58 AM

Looks like a good piece of kit.
working outside I dont do a lot of dust/chip collection apart from the thicknesser, I dont even use one on my cabinet saw I just scoop it out later.
The rest I just share the love around the neighbourhood with my petrol blower later when I am finished!

BTW what happened to the plastic adaptor you bought some time ago? .. did it last the distance?

-- Regards Rob

#9 posted 04-22-2019 02:18 PM

Looks like a good piece of kit.

- robscastle

yeah i still have it but it wouldn’t really work with the jig,this attachment also makes a great platform for the router to sit on.im surprised porter cable doesn’t offer their own.

View Peteybadboy's profile

Peteybadboy

#10 posted 04-23-2019 09:02 PM

I have the Omni jig from P.C. This looks like a much better option than the plastic dust hood that was a little extra for my jig, I would like to have this jig/dust/tool rest.

-- Petey

#11 posted 04-23-2019 09:41 PM

- Peteybadboy

so far ive only done a test with it but id say it sucked up at least 90 percent of the dust.not sure if it will work with the omni jig tough.

#12 posted 04-25-2019 04:27 AM

... ive only done a test with it but id say it sucked up at least 90 percent of the dust…
- pottz
pottzy, turn your shop vac on next time and it may be a better sucker!

#13 posted 04-25-2019 01:29 PM

- pottz

pottzy, turn your shop vac on next time and it may be a better sucker!

- LittleBlackDuck

duckie when it comes to sucking you are my go to guy!