Worthwhile upgrade

Review by Jarrhead posted 03-27-2019 12:54 PM 1513 views 1 time favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Worthwhile upgrade Worthwhile upgrade No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I wasn’t going to spend the money. I figured from the other reviews I had read, and the video I watched that the VSC Tools T-square fence would be an improvement over the Shop Fox Biesemeyer style fence that came with my Grizzly G1023 saw. However, I wasn’t convinced the improvement would justify the price. I was wrong. Shortly after I bought the tablesaw I purchased a set of extended rails to increase the cutting capacity to the right of the blade. But then I had a set of short rails that I had no use for. I finally decided to try and sell them on craigslist, but figured I would not be able to sell them without including the fence. So I listed the rails and fence together as a total package, and they sold quickly. But now I needed a new fence. The money from that sale just about covered the cost of the new VSC Tools T-Square fence. I have to say that I was not prepared for the quality of the product. It is outstanding. Fit and finish are as fine as any tool I own. Easy to set-up. Easy to adjust. I was especially impressed with the cam lever. It functions very smoothly and locks down solid as a tank. If you are on the “fence” (pun intended) about upgrading your tablesaw fence, rest assured, the VSC Tools T-Square fence will be money well spent.

-- trn2wud

View Jarrhead's profile

Jarrhead

View RCCinNC's profile

RCCinNC

#1 posted 03-29-2019 01:02 AM

From the website, the VSC Tools fence has always impressed me. I really don’t need to “upgrade” my fence system, but if I did, I’d give them a serious look. What I really like is how they provide offset and adjustable t-squares for differing applications, and provide their proprietary aluminum extrusions separately, so you can custom design your fence for your needs.

-- Live to putter...putter to live!

View Mainiac Matt 's profile

Mainiac Matt

#2 posted 03-29-2019 06:20 PM

We build quite often with extruded AL t-track at work and I’m always impressed how dead straight it is.

Having all of those tracks sure opens up a lot of possibilities for feather boards and such.

-- Matt -- I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam

View jonah's profile

jonah

2063 posts in 3629 days

#3 posted 03-29-2019 07:04 PM

I was in the same situation as you, except the saw I bought had a fence but no rails. I ended up selling the Biesemeyer fence and using the money to pay for the VSCT fence. I found a set of PM rails at a local dealer and went with those.

#4 posted 03-31-2019 08:50 PM

Looks pretty well made and thought out

-- Norman - I never never make a mistake, I just change the design.

View myrick's profile

myrick

#5 posted 04-10-2019 05:26 PM

I share your enthusiasm! I also purchased the VSC Tools fence. Years ago I purchased a Mulecab fence, and although it was a vast improvement over my old Unisaw fence, it still moved some if push against, and for the most accurate cuts, I would have to clamp the far end of the fence. The VSC fence is rock solid, and the rail were not hard to build. And I am always mildly surprised how accurate the rail ruler is when I check the fence to blade measurement, (I keep checking!).This is the fence I’ll go to my grave with!