Bora parallel clamps (12" and 24")

Review by RichBolduc posted 03-22-2019 01:23 PM 3286 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Bora parallel clamps (12" and 24") No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

After owning several Bessey clamps, I figured I’d give these a try because they were 1/2 the price when Rockler was having a sale.. Heavy clamps but the plastic feels cheaper. The sliding mechanism isn’t as good as the Bessey on some of them, but on others it works great. I see these as comparing Grizzly to Powermatic. While they aren’t “The gold standard”, they’ll be more than sufficient for my use as a hobbyist. The 1100 psi of clamping force is more than enough as Titebond doesn’t recommend over 250 psi.

Rich

-- https://www.2dogswhiskey.com/ 10% off all products with code LJ10 https://www.facebook.com/2DogsWhiskey/ https://www.instagram.com/2dogswhiskey/

View RichBolduc's profile

RichBolduc

View pottz's profile

pottz

15088 posts in 2000 days

#1 posted 03-22-2019 10:52 PM

i need to check these out because i just cant justify the cost of bessey clamps.they look pretty good,thanks.

-- working with my hands is a joy,it gives me a sense of fulfillment,somthing so many seek and so few find.-SAM MALOOF.

#2 posted 03-23-2019 04:49 PM

Good review. I didn’t know about the Titebond limit.

View roofner's profile

roofner

#3 posted 03-25-2019 05:32 PM

I preferer the jet clamps to either much easier to adjust by pressing release button.

-- Gary New York

View GreaseMonkey2275's profile

GreaseMonkey2275

#4 posted 04-13-2019 04:42 PM

I picked up the same pair of clamps but haven’t had the chance to use them yet. I completely agree with your review, the plastic seems a little janky but I like the grooved bars instead of the smooth ones on my Irwin clamps.

-- Jake