Unboxing Grizzly Jointer

Review by jywagner posted 03-14-2019 04:55 PM 741 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Unboxing Grizzly Jointer Unboxing Grizzly Jointer Unboxing Grizzly Jointer Click the pictures to enlarge them

I sold my grizzly 6? jointer recently. I have been researching and planning for my upgrade to an 8? or 12” model ever since. But not a lot of G0495X or other 12” jointer review out there, found a few very similar 8” jointer from Baileigh, Laguna, and Powermatic, all these three jointers identical in design. Plus, cost quite much more than G0495X.

Why I chose Grizzly 495X with spiral cutter head. I chose the Grizzly 495X because I can only afford this model at this price, possibly deliver better quality with Byrd Shelix Cutter head, parallelogram beds, share cutter head with 15×15x2.5mm with my next planer purchase.

Order. This part is easy except waiting for shipment since this is back ordered, I had a concern with Grizzly back order of late, contacted customer service which they promise if I place an order and the unit will deliver as soon as they receive the shipment, sure enough, it was delivered as promised.

Delivery. UPS called to schedule a delivery time and the freight company was delivered at the end of the day since this unit was as wide the truck so it was the last unit deliver of the day, which was not an issue.
A package was delivered intact, no damage.

Packaging. The jointer was enclosed in a custom shipping crate that was rugged, come in complete installed, Everything had arrived in good condition. I have noticed the original silver material package was sealed and cut and rewrap with a new wrapper. My assumption that when grizzly receive it from the manufacturer they reinspect prior shipping to US customer, just my guest!
Utilize Next Level Carpentry Unboxing Method “Egyptian Engineer”
. Setup was relatively easy, but time-consuming at roughly 3 hours. I was able to use the same method as Matt Jackson.

Testing. Only try couple bd ft

Stay tuned will continue to update.

View jywagner's profile

jywagner

2 posts in 2079 days

View Raymer's profile

Raymer

#1 posted 03-14-2019 07:11 PM

Nice looking machine, I’d be like a kid at Christmas time. Update as you can, interested to know your impressions.

-- -Measure once, cut twice, cut once more for good measure.

#2 posted 03-14-2019 11:42 PM

Nice machine congratulations

-- Norman - I never never make a mistake, I just change the design.

View ScottKaye's profile

ScottKaye

#3 posted 03-17-2019 06:54 PM

its nice that these 8” are FINALLY back in stock after 2 years of being classified as unobtanium!

-- "Nothing happens until you build it"

View cmmyakman's profile

cmmyakman

#4 posted 03-18-2019 10:17 PM

Congratulations, I want one too!

Can you provide a link to the Matt Jackson YouTube video?

BTW – It looks like yours came fully assembled. But this guy had to put his together himself? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK2nCH9u5wc

-- You can't fail if you don't give up.

View jywagner's profile

jywagner

2 posts in 2079 days

#5 posted 03-19-2019 01:51 AM

The youtube link you showed was different jointer.

I only use Matt Jackson method of lifting the heavy equipment.

View cmmyakman's profile

cmmyakman

#6 posted 03-19-2019 03:02 PM

The youtube link you showed was different jointer.

I only use Matt Jackson method of lifting the heavy equipment.

- jywagner

Great – thank you very much for the clarification and the link!

-- You can't fail if you don't give up.