2HP C Flux dust collector

Review by Jwhite2418 posted 03-08-2019 10:35 PM 815 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
2HP C Flux dust collector No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

As I mentioned that I was going to buy a new dust collector which I did a year ago this month. I purchased Laguna’s 2HP C Flux cyclone dust collector. It came on a pallet in a very study box. No damage and everything was in there as advertised.

The manual wasn’t as bad as some reviews have stated however there were a few items that were a bit unclear. I really don’t think there really is anything worth going over – you can figure it out. Anyway it does take a while to assemble – took me about 3 1/2 hours to do so. I could ramble on about the assembly but that’s not why I’m reviewing this DC.

What you really want is to know is that it works as advertised. It DOES! this is a fantastic machine especially if you’re setting up a central DC for your shop as I did. There is plenty of suction to handle all my machines and then some. My system is plumbed with PVC drainage/sewer pipe, I have blast gates a each tool. All of the pipe is 4” which works great for now. In the future I may upgrade to 6” for the main run but that’s here or there. Since owning the machine I have added a couple of runs for my orbital sander to hook up to and for my drill press. Even if I have a couple gates open at a time there isn’t any problem with suction. I give the performance 5 stars without hesitation. The remote is great I have the DC jammed in the corner so not having to try and reach the on/off switch is a plus. I have had this machine for a year now and I have only emptied the fine dust bag on the filter once and that was after cutting out a huge job out of melamine interior cabinets and again there was barely anything in it. The hand crank for my application was a bit challenging to reach because of my location of the DC. I figured I would buy the autoclean system down the road. he dust bin comes with bags however it doesn’t need them. You completely seal the inside of the dust bin anyway so I don’t use them. If you were to use the bags I guess this would make emptying the dust bin easier. It is quite heavy. All in all I really don’t have any major complaints. It’s a great tool.

I did end up buying the Autoclean system for the tool which turns the internal filter paddle automatically keeping the filter clean. It’s expensive at $400.00 but i sucked it up and bought it anyway due to where my DC is located.

Now here’s where I will complain a bit. The Autoclean unit DOES NOT work as advertised. I installed it and it never came on. I could only make it work if I blew air into the tube which goes to the air switch that activates the autoclean circuit. I emailed Laguna and they got right back to me. They told me to check the wiring, they emailed me better wiring diagrams than the manual has (manual is terrible) and everything checked out. It was connected correctly, however the problem still exsisted. The only way I could get the system to work is by manually blowing air into the tube for the switch. I was told that everytime the tool shuts down the Autoclean system would engage and run through its cycle. It never did. Multiple emails were sent, they even sent me a whole other kit which I tried and same issue was there. I sent back the other kit and wired in a small toggle switch which activates the system. I really don’t care that much but in my opion this is poorly designed. There needs to be more air pressure to activate the system (possibly putting the air fitting somewhere on the dust bin lid) Conclusion if you can easily get to the filter paddle handle dont spend the money for the Auto clean system. It isn’t worth the price or hassle.

What I like:
1. Powerful suction
2. Remote control
3. Dust bin ease of use.
4. Efficientcy of the machine.
5. Customer service was responsive to my issue.
6. Can be used as a central dust collector.

What I didn’t like:
1. Auto-clean system
2. It’s a little loud (I measured 78DB @ 10 feet)
3. Dust bin is heavy and handles not located at a optimum location.
4. Auto clean manual

View Jwhite2418's profile

Jwhite2418

View fivecodys's profile

fivecodys

1375 posts in 1936 days

#1 posted 03-08-2019 11:05 PM

A fiend of mine has this same unit. He really likes it.
Thanks for your review.

-- When you leave your shop for the night, make sure you can always count to 10.

View JRWOOD's profile

JRWOOD

#2 posted 03-09-2019 01:06 PM

I have a General 350 TS. The dust collection on it is mini able at best. I purchased this DC and works very-well on my TS. The only complaint I have is the remote. The first start-up of the day,I MUST physically hit the start button. The rest of the day the remote works just fine. I have not contacted Laguna yet.

View Beaver_Lumber's profile

Beaver_Lumber

#3 posted 03-20-2019 12:38 AM

I have the 1.5 P-Flux since last june and I love it too. I picked the P-Flux over the C-Flux because my shop is in the basement so I wanted to minimize the fine dust floating in the air that could escape through the filter. It replaced a GI 10-005 dust collector. The thing I like the most is the ease to empty the dust bin. It took less than a minute from start to finish including the time to take out the full bag and fit in the new one. On the P-Flux, you just place the bag quickly in the bin and replace it innits position. The first time you turni on, the pressure system will take care of finishing the placement of the bag in the dust bin. Also, the sensor on the bin to let you know it is full is really nice. When the red light pops in, you know it’s time to change the bag. For the bags, I use clear plastic trash bags from Costco. They fit right in the drum and are pretty cheap.

-- Patrick - A beaver is like a woodworker because it needs to have wood between its paws