So far, exceeds expectations for under router dust collection

Review by Holbs posted 03-03-2019 03:41 AM 494 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
So far, exceeds expectations for under router dust collection So far, exceeds expectations for under router dust collection So far, exceeds expectations for under router dust collection Click the pictures to enlarge them

With the upgrades done to my router lift and router, along with over arm/under table router table dust collection ducting, it was time to find a solution for the combination of the two. I look all around at reviews, suggestions, DIY solutions, rather spendy ideas. I settled for this little gem.
After a good long month of use, 98% no router dust/chips anywhere under my table. Notice, not 100% because the blue boot does not totally fit snug against the router hexagon nut so that the boot is adaptable to various router nuts I guess
I can raise my router to it’s highest lift setting to change and remove router bits (the blue plastic bends). Well…should I say I lift the router enough to change out bits… don’t know if I could actually bring it to it’s full height without stretching the blue boot beyond it’s limitations.
The blue boot connects to the supplied hose which connects to my ducting underneath.
For the $40+ price tag… well worth the investment for it’s price and it’s efficiency.
NOTE: I am only using the underneath duct collection setup. It comes with a T so that you can also wrap it around up to your dust collection port on your router fence. I already have that covered so I did not install this part.

-- The Carpenter Bee is derived from the Ancient Greek word wood-cutter "xylokopos/ξυλοκὀπος"

View Holbs's profile

Holbs

1 comment so far

View MatthewTruax's profile

MatthewTruax

#1 posted 03-04-2019 05:18 PM

Brilliant. Thanks for the review!

-- "I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do."