Weed torch

Review by Jacksdad posted 02-26-2019 08:02 PM 1323 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Weed torch No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I know it’s not woodworking but this Harbor Freight weed torch works great, I bought the one with a igniter for $30 minus the 20% it was $26, don’t burn down your house.

View Jacksdad's profile

Jacksdad

View Bill_Steele's profile

Bill_Steele

#1 posted 02-26-2019 09:15 PM

I assume this is to kill weeds around the house, not for…..smoking.

View Jacksdad's profile

Jacksdad

#2 posted 02-26-2019 09:22 PM

It works great for removing ice

View WayneC's profile

WayneC

#3 posted 02-26-2019 10:06 PM

Was there a recent recall for this? I think I saw something like that.

-- We must guard our enthusiasm as we would our life - James Krenov

View BuffaloBrewer's profile

BuffaloBrewer

#4 posted 02-26-2019 10:23 PM

also works well for lighting your big green egg.

View CaptainKlutz's profile

CaptainKlutz

1891 posts in 2003 days

#5 posted 02-27-2019 02:24 AM

That massive torch also works well for adding black color highlights to outdoor projects.
Some folks know it by it’s fancy name: shou sugi ban (焼杉板)

Cheers!

-- I'm an engineer not a woodworker, but I can randomly find useful tools and furniture inside a pile of lumber!

View Holbs's profile

Holbs

#6 posted 03-01-2019 06:19 PM

I used the same torch to blacken basswood for my plantation shutter project. Turned out rather beautiful. Would of been better if I had more experience with burning wood as I can now tell where in some places needed more time under the flame.

-- The Carpenter Bee is derived from the Ancient Greek word wood-cutter "xylokopos/ξυλοκὀπος"

View Kelly's profile

Kelly

#7 posted 04-09-2019 05:05 AM

I donated my old torch, after buying one of these. The control over the flame is great.

And, yes, the beat weeds and snow pretty hard.