Great blade even on my little 10” Craftsman bandsaw

Review by leftcoaster posted 02-26-2019 05:19 AM 912 views 1 time favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great blade even on my little 10” Craftsman bandsaw Great blade even on my little 10” Craftsman bandsaw Great blade even on my little 10” Craftsman bandsaw Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought this blade when I first got my bandsaw and never took it out before today. Gave it a test run and wow, am I impressed. Super clean thin cuts even on a tiny saw you really wouldn’t consider a resawing workhorse.

I have a small box to cut the lid off of and had been dreading doing it end for end on the table saw. Now I have a great alternative.

View leftcoaster's profile

leftcoaster

View Joe Andrews's profile

Joe Andrews

#1 posted 02-26-2019 03:27 PM

Agree. I was contemplating purchasing a new bandsaw because I needed resaw capability and my old 14” Grizzly just wasn’t doing the job. I figured I may as well give one of these a try before plunking down all that money and wow, what a difference! It cut through 6” cherry and walnut like butter. I was able to slice a piece less that 1mm off the slab. Pretty cool.

View Gene Howe's profile

Gene Howe

#2 posted 02-26-2019 03:44 PM

Thank you for the review.

View SPFM's profile

SPFM

#3 posted 02-28-2019 04:19 PM

I have one on my Rikon 10” and it’s been well worth it. I’ve resawn cherry, birdseye maple, and like you, I’ve used it to cut small boxes into two pieces. I go slow and let the blade do its job without bogging the motor down.

View Oldtool's profile

Oldtool

#4 posted 03-12-2019 01:39 AM

I assume this is the Highland Woodworking blade you are discussing, and if so, I agree 100%. I just used my saw today with this blade and it went through some very hard air dried cherry like it was cheese. It’s a great blade, and the price is very reasonable.

-- "I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The point is to bring them the real facts." - Abraham Lincoln