Feed roller replacement for outdated Makita planer

Review by KirkA posted 02-20-2019 10:50 PM 832 views 4 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Feed roller replacement for outdated Makita planer No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

My Makita 2030N 10 inch planer/jointer is over 20 years old. Recently the feed rollers had their plastic coatings dry and crack off, rendering my planer unusable. New rollers were very expensive but after extensive internet searching I found Wood Tech Enterprises. They were able to take my 2030N feed rollers and replace the coating on the rollers to a like-new condition. After placing the re-covered rollers on my Makita planer I have been able to plane to my heart’s content. The rollers work just like when they were new over 20 years ago. The cost was a little under $100 per roller, and compared to the cost of a new planer equal to the quality and durability of this Makita, this was a real bargain. I would highly recommend Wood Tech Enterprises to anyone who needs feed roller replacement. They can either recover your rollers or sell new ones. I was very happy with their service. I was able to talk to someone who was familiar with my Makita and give me advice on how to remove the rollers.

View KirkA's profile

KirkA

View Redoak49's profile

Redoak49

#1 posted 02-21-2019 01:31 AM

Interesting and way to save an older planer.

View Julian's profile

Julian

#2 posted 02-21-2019 02:05 AM

Good to know. Saving in my favorites just incase I need this info later.

-- Julian

View Mainiac Matt 's profile

Mainiac Matt

#3 posted 02-22-2019 07:50 PM

My buddy back in college had the same planer/jointer and I always thought it was a really smart set up.

I’m not quite sure why more companies haven’t copied the design.

-- Matt -- I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam

View Andybb's profile

Andybb

#4 posted 02-22-2019 08:10 PM

Great save and great looking machine!

-- Andy - Seattle USA

View KirkA's profile

KirkA

#5 posted 02-22-2019 09:21 PM

It’s very sturdy and does a great job. It has handled everything I need. Another LumberJock posted about a Makita 2030 model that he completely tore apart and refinished: https://www.lumberjocks.com/topics/241001