Afordable floating tenon with the Rockler Beadlock system.

Review by Armoredduck posted 02-15-2019 09:25 AM 1927 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Afordable floating tenon with the Rockler Beadlock system. Afordable floating tenon with the Rockler Beadlock system. Afordable floating tenon with the Rockler Beadlock system. Click the pictures to enlarge them

Been using Dowels for a while and wanted to try another system. Was debating on getting the Pro system but wanted to test out the smaller one 1st. Tested it out on a small project 1st(Picture Frame) and I have to say I really like it so far. Having the Kreg clamp is really helpful for speeding things up. One suggestion I would tell anyone if they want to get one it to use a red pencil. Its so much easier to see the lines when you are marking your pieces. I also think on some projects it may be easier to reference off of the sides of the pieces instead of using the lines.

View Armoredduck's profile

Armoredduck

#1 posted 02-15-2019 05:18 PM

Thanks for the review, it looks like a pretty slick system. It’s amazing what you can do with just a drill and little jig.

Thanks for posting.

View AZWoody's profile

AZWoody

#2 posted 02-16-2019 07:20 AM

I had one and I used it and it worked well but to me it was a bit too time consuming. For most people I would highly recommend it. For me, because of my real job, I have very little time in the shop so I ended up springing for a domino.

If time is not a major issue, I would tell anyone this is a great tool to have. You can even make your own tenons with a router table and beadlock bit. I sold mine to a friend who wanted to start with woodworking.

Nice review and I’ll pass along the red pencil tip.

View htl's profile

htl

#3 posted 02-16-2019 08:21 PM

Nice review and I ll pass along the red pencil tip.

- AZWoody

Nice comment!!!
Here’s one thing that needs to be done more.
Acknowledge when someone helps you out with a tip or idea.
Give credit where do.

By doing this more will be willing to contribute, I would hope.
Just my $.02

-- An Index Of My Model making Blogs http://lumberjocks.com/htl/blog/116729

View michelletwo's profile

michelletwo

#4 posted 02-19-2019 12:49 PM

poor woodworker’s domino is what I call this unit. I have this and the bigger one, and for the price it makes good strong mortise and tenons for great quality furniture