My new favorite glue

Review by JCD posted 02-06-2019 05:43 AM 1274 views 0 times favorited 14 comments Add to Favorites Watch
My new favorite glue My new favorite glue No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Ok. Maybe a review on glue isn’t the most thrilling, but after doing a couple rooms of custom window trim, building a kitchen peninsula with cabinets, and making some custom cabinet molding with corbels and cove molding, I’ve found a new best friend to companion my kreg jig and pin nailer.

Found it at Menards (not carried at my Lowe’s) and have found what I believe is that perfect, thick (not runny), glue that dries fast (but not so fast I couldn’t get my clamps in place and adjusted). I hope this stuff stays around because I plan on using it on everything where I don’t want massive glue drips (so basically everything). Thought I’d pass along my experience.

View JCD's profile

JCD

View ScottKaye's profile

ScottKaye

#1 posted 02-06-2019 12:13 PM

is it a PVA or glue or maybe even CA?

-- "Nothing happens until you build it"

View BHZ's profile

BHZ

#2 posted 02-06-2019 01:51 PM

View cmmyakman's profile

cmmyakman

#3 posted 02-06-2019 02:27 PM

I hadn’t heard of it – thank you for the information.

-- You can't fail if you don't give up.

View Gene Howe's profile

Gene Howe

#4 posted 02-06-2019 03:00 PM

Thanks for the info. I’ll give it a shot.

View fivecodys's profile

fivecodys

1314 posts in 1907 days

#5 posted 02-06-2019 04:48 PM

I will have to give that a try.
Thank you for the review.

-- I always knew I would grow old, But I expected it to take longer!

View mel52's profile (online now)

mel52

#6 posted 02-06-2019 06:56 PM

Same as the others, haven’t heard of it and may have to give it a try…Mel

-- MEL, Kansas

View SenecaWoodArt's profile

SenecaWoodArt

#7 posted 02-07-2019 05:39 PM

It is really Titebond’s Trim glue that has been renamed. It has been around for a while. I have to order it from Amazon as no local dealer carries it. I have been using it for over a year now and the only complaint that I have is that it is a lot more expensive than Titebond II or III. But if you need a faster glue up, then this is your friend.

-- Bob

View DannyW's profile

DannyW

#8 posted 02-07-2019 08:44 PM

Thanks for the review, I will have to try it out.

-- -DannyW

View hikerdoc's profile

hikerdoc

#9 posted 02-08-2019 06:27 AM

Is it possible to search for a specific project on Lumberjocks as in pub table. When I use the search engine on right side of page it throws me out to the search results not specific to Lumberjocks.

View robscastle's profile

robscastle

#10 posted 02-08-2019 10:48 AM

Dont need it!
I am slower than the slowest setting glue anyway and definately thicker than anything else on this planet.

-- Regards Rob

View BB1's profile

BB1

#11 posted 02-09-2019 03:07 AM

I agree with the benefits this thicker glue can offer. I have used this glue for a while and really like it for smaller projects.

View LesB's profile

LesB

1977 posts in 3714 days

#12 posted 02-09-2019 06:16 PM

I may check it out but I notice it is not water proof or for exterior use so I will probably stick to Tightbond III

-- Les B, Oregon

View WoodenDreams's profile

WoodenDreams

#13 posted 02-10-2019 11:19 PM

I use primarily Titebond III, I have used The Titebond Quick and Thick a couple times when I didn’t want the glue to run on certain glue-ups. It had the results I was hoping for. It’s nice to have a small bottle of this glue on hand, in case you need a glue that doesn’t run. I’ll still use Titebond III as my primary glue.

View htl's profile

htl

#14 posted 02-14-2019 12:53 AM

Robscastle You better stay away from super glue then or you’ll be gluing your fingers to your chin.

Hmmm what do I need to do next. :-[