SawBlade.com Customer service needs work

Review by Mothra posted 01-15-2019 02:02 PM 1468 views 0 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
SawBlade.com Customer service needs work No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Ordered the saw from SawBlade.com. After days of not receiving a shipping confirmation I called them and was told they did not have a saw to ship. I told them to refund my money. Fast forward. After several weeks and several calls to their customer service I had to get paypal involved to get my money back.

View Mothra's profile

Mothra

View gleasoncraftworks's profile

gleasoncraftworks

#1 posted 01-15-2019 06:26 PM

I ordered a couple band saw blades from them last week. I haven’t used them yet so I cant speak to the quality of them. But they shipped my order right away, and I received it quickly as well. I wonder what happened to make our experiences so different?

#2 posted 01-17-2019 03:16 AM

wow, you just never know

-- Norman - I never never make a mistake, I just change the design.

View Redoak49's profile

Redoak49

#3 posted 01-17-2019 02:19 PM

I never know what to think when the only reason a person comes on LJ. is to write a negative review.

I trust reviews who have a good track record on LJ.

View playingwithmywood's profile

playingwithmywood

444 posts in 2081 days

#4 posted 01-18-2019 04:51 AM

yea people should have to have so many comments before they should be allowed to post a review

View Redoak49's profile

Redoak49

#5 posted 01-18-2019 03:35 PM

- playingwithmywood

Please note that I did not say he should not post a review. These days one has to evaluate for themselves the value of a review. For instance, the reviews on Amazon with so many fake ones. In this case, I have no way to know or guess anything about the OP. If someone posts a review and has a number of posts or projects, then I can judge the value of the review better.

The only thing we know about the OP is that he joined simply to post a negative review.

View Desert_Woodworker's profile

Desert_Woodworker

#6 posted 01-21-2019 12:06 PM

I categorize these types of reviews as a way to vent their emotions, from experiencing (In their interpretation) bad product, service etc…
Their are 2 sides to a story, as many of us know.
As for 1 post in 2 days, 1500 posts in 3000 days, to Charles Neil…
I read what is being said- I store or delete the review.
In this case, I have never heard of Saw Blade.com and because of this, I went to Saw Blade.com and checked it out.
Question: The review picture posted? It doesn’t look like a saw to me.

-- Desert_Woodworker

View ernie's profile

ernie

#7 posted 01-22-2019 05:24 AM

+1 with Desert Woodworker, does not look like a saw to me either.
Looks more like an OLD Bridge Port mill.

-- Ernie, Etna, WA

View Tennessee's profile

Tennessee

#8 posted 01-31-2019 02:47 PM

Getting back to Sawblades.com, I ordered three blades from them about four years ago. They blades were just so-so, other options much better for the same money, so I never reordered.
That has not stopped them from sending me offers to refill the order, phone calls about four times a year to order more, even when I gave them a not so good review and told multiple sales people I had no intention of ever ordering blades from them again. It still continues, with them coming at me inbetween Thanksgiving and Christmas last year, wanting to once again fill that four year old order again.

Sales persistence is something they have in spades, but their blades, at least what I got years ago, was not even as good as some blades I have picked up at Lowes. have no idea how their product stands up today.

-- Tsunami Guitars and Custom Woodworking, Cleveland, TN

View Gene Howe's profile

Gene Howe

#9 posted 01-31-2019 03:01 PM

I appreciate reviews, both negative and positive.