Working as intended framing nailer

Review by Holbs posted 10-07-2018 07:24 PM 873 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Working as intended framing nailer No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

With my shed project, I knew a nailer was going to be needed for framing. Not wanting to chuck out $200 or $300 for a rarely used nailer, I opted for the NuMax 21 degree framing nailer hooked up to my 3HP/12 gallon air compressor.
I’m thankful I did, after nearly 1,000 framing nails into 2×4’s and paneling.
Works as advertised.

-- The Carpenter Bee is derived from the Ancient Greek word wood-cutter "xylokopos/ξυλοκὀπος"

View Holbs's profile

Holbs

#1 posted 10-08-2018 03:39 AM

Congrats

-- Norman - I never never make a mistake, I just change the design.

View MrRon's profile

MrRon

#2 posted 10-08-2018 02:35 PM

I never heard of NuMax, but that’s a terrific price for a framing nailer. I have a Bostitch 21° nailer that cost almost 3X more, that I rarely use these days.

View Richard's profile

Richard

1932 posts in 3251 days

#3 posted 10-08-2018 03:49 PM

I got the same one from HD for just a couple of bucks less and so far it has worked as well as any other brand that I have used in the past. I have only run about 200 nails thru it so far and the only issue I have had is that it doesn’t seem to like to fire the last 4 or 5 nails by their self, but that is fixed by just adding a new stick of nails to it and then it fires the last few and continues thru the new stick , so no big deal.

View Holbs's profile

Holbs

#4 posted 10-09-2018 12:24 AM

Richard…this Numax is the same. Will not fire if 3 or 4 nails remaining. Have to insert more nails.
Must be a safety issue? Or wear & tear prevention?

View Richard's profile

Richard

1932 posts in 3251 days

#5 posted 10-13-2018 04:24 PM

I guess it could be intentional to keep you from firing it empty which could cause damage to the gun.

View EvilSpammerLocked's profile

EvilSpammerLocked

#6 posted 11-26-2019 07:50 AM

Dear Woodworker, do you want to learn woodworking? or gain additional experience?

Good day, dear woodworker-participant lumberjocks com … and we want to encourage the retired master craftsman to finally reveal his secret archive over
16,000 plans – more details on the link ~ http://3weekiet.com/woodworkingrmr ~ click here

-- Teds Scammer: Do not click or interact.