Contractor Saw PALS- Should Have Done This Sooner

Review by fivecodys posted 09-25-2018 06:08 PM 2174 views 1 time favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Contractor Saw PALS-  Should Have Done This Sooner No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

After reading several reviews and watching every video I could find, I decided to try the Contractor-saw PALS alignment system.
Previously I was using a bar clamp to pull the rear trunnion into alignment as I tightened the bolts.
It was a hit and miss process and I really didn’t have a good way to measure my results.

I coupled the PALS with this jig I found posted here on Lumberjocks: http://lumberjocks.com/projects/96896

The PALS do exactly what they claim to do. The instructions were clear and the video walks you through it step by step. It is a little fussy to adjust but I had my Powermatic 64A aligned perfectly in about 15 minutes.

Time will tell if the saw now stays in alignment. That may bring an edit to this review in a year or so but for now I am a big fan.

-- When you leave your shop for the night, make sure you can always count to 10.

View Ocelot's profile

Ocelot

#1 posted 09-25-2018 07:40 PM

How much does that thing cost?

#2 posted 09-25-2018 07:43 PM

How much does that thing cost?

- Ocelot

It was $20 Paul.

View Tedstor's profile

Tedstor

#3 posted 09-25-2018 08:24 PM

I ordered a PALS kit a couple of weeks ago direct from inline industries. Still hasn’t arrived. They aren’t answering my emails or the phone. Looking forward to installing as I’ve heard good things about the product. I just hope I don’t need to use their customer service…..I don’t think it exists.

#4 posted 09-25-2018 08:32 PM

- Tedstor

I had the same issue. I wanted to make sure they received my order. They never returned my calls but my product showed up a week later. They certainly could do a better job with customer service.

View kajunkraft's profile

kajunkraft

#5 posted 09-27-2018 12:21 AM

Inline Industries also makes the Dubby Jig, which I own. Very pleased with the product but have the same issue as to customer service. Just can’t make contact at all.

View d38's profile

d38

#6 posted 09-27-2018 07:14 PM

I placed 2 orders from his website last winter (PALS for Delta contractor and his dial indicator system, then pulleys and belt).
Arrived in a logical amount of time.
PALS installed easy, and made alignment a breeze. Machined pulleys and link belt make the saw run smooth.
I think he’s a one man operation, and I met him at the Kansas City woodworking show last winter. Sounds like he stays busy.
Hope you like your PALS.

#7 posted 09-27-2018 07:50 PM

Arrived in a logical amount of time.
I think he s a one man operation, and I met him at the Kansas City woodworking show last winter. Sounds like he stays busy.
Hope you like your PALS.

- d38

I thought the same thing. Either a one or two person business. I upgraded to a link belt the day I bought the saw but I never thought about the machined pulleys.
Thanks for the response.

View JIMMIEM's profile

JIMMIEM

#8 posted 10-21-2018 12:05 PM

I bought the PALS, machined pulleys, and link belt about 10 years ago and they have made a big difference in my 70’s era Craftsman TS. Something else to consider getting from InLineIndustries are instructions on adding a grease fitting to the trunion housing which allows easy squeak free blade raising and lowering. I have received comments that grease will attract saw dust. But, I had to replace the worn bearing a couple of years ago and the greased area was saw dust free.