Great for a hobbist

Review by WoodenDreams posted 09-08-2018 04:40 AM 3290 views 0 times favorited 12 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great for a hobbist No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought the Grizzly G0771Z in April 2017. I did send Grizzly a poor review after the purchase, But, after the first 3 month of usage, I sent Grizzly a revised, but good review….. I was going to buy the Grizzly G0833P, but the salesman over the phone told me to buy the G0771Z. Reason was the shipping crate size, had to fit thru a certain boor. When I received it I took everything out of crate & dolleyed it in. The G08339P would had fit through. The rail attaching to the back of the table saw were the wrong bolt length. Called & Grizzly shipped me the right bolts. The aluminum back rail bends easy if you pull on it to move the table saw. just a matter of changing it with a square steel tube. The C-clip on the worm gear comes off if you lower the height too far below the table top surface. The fence did move at a angle when pushing through larger and heavier woods. (just have to push down on the fence handle alittle harder for a tighter fence) The quirks were fixed. After the first 3 months of hard use, I changed my review to a excellent review. The G0771Z runs very quiet & smoothly. It takes a beating and keeps on. I made a Red Oak Zero Clearance template, and almost always have a 80 tooth blade on it…. I do a lot of woodwork, This saw gets a lot of use. I DO LIKE THIS TABLE SAW, and MY FREINDS ARE IMPRESSED WHEN THEY USE IT ONCE IN AWHILE..

View runswithscissors's profile

runswithscissors

#1 posted 09-09-2018 03:33 AM

An 80 tooth blade even for ripping? Most LJs would prefer a 30-40 tooth for that task, I think. Glad the saw is working out for you.

View JRsgarage's profile

JRsgarage

#2 posted 09-09-2018 02:20 PM

Congrats on the saw. I’ve been using the same saw now going on two years and it has held up and cuts fine. I hate changing blades so I do what runswithscissors mentioned and use a combo blade for most.

-- “Facts don't care about your feelings.” ..., Ben Shapiro

#3 posted 09-10-2018 06:38 AM

I’ve used the other blades when I had a DeWalt Saw. I’ve found I get less tear out with the 80 tooth blade, especially in hickory. I do remove the blade guard when I have the blade down. About have of my cuts I use one of my sleds.

View Trent562's profile

Trent562

#4 posted 09-14-2018 03:04 PM

Hey I bought this saw recently. I had two eclips fall out like you said. Just wondering if you could possibly take a picture of how they’re supposed to go back in with the washer on that shaft. The manual shows two washers. I only see one on the shaft. I also only see one slot where I think an eclip goes but I’m not sure where the other one goes

View Trent562's profile

Trent562

#5 posted 09-14-2018 08:29 PM

I found where they go on. The problem is I can’t get to the back slot where the one on the back clips in because the shaft won’t go back any further. No matter how much I turn it the shaft is spinning in place and so I can’t get to the slot because it’s in the black thing that holds the rod to the trunion. Do you know how to get the trunion to move forward or the rod to go in further? I’ve tried everything I can think of but I’m not a mechanic

#6 posted 09-15-2018 05:23 AM

I’ll look at the worm gear and let you know how I did it

#7 posted 09-16-2018 09:40 PM

Check to see if the pin is in the shaft at the crank handle. If the C-clip & washer is not in place, the shaft will turn and not raise or lower the saw height, because the clip and washer pushes on each side of the block that the worm shaft fits through, to raise and lower the saw. If you turn or wiggle the shaft by hand or with the handle, you’ll notice a little amount of movement on the shaft were the C-clips attach. use one hand to set the C-clip in place while wiggling the shaft with the crank. There’s enough to start the C-clip, then use a large pliers to set the C-clip into its’ slot. Checking this out aloud me a chance to clean the sawdust out of all the saw components and worm gear.

View Andy59's profile

Andy59

#8 posted 09-28-2018 05:02 PM

Just burnt a 20 year old craftsman and I’m looking at this saw as a replacement. Still happy with it?. Looking for what I believe the hybrid idea would supply.

View jones424's profile

jones424

#9 posted 01-16-2019 06:46 PM

Im checking in with Andy as well are you still happy with the saw looking to purchase one today!

View Andy59's profile

Andy59

#10 posted 01-16-2019 09:07 PM

Ended up going with the G1023. I couldn’t be happier. Slices through everything I put on it. Bought the incra crosscut sled to go with it. Still have the fence that came with it at this point. It’s a huge step up from what I had. Got some dadoes to cut tomorrow and for once I’m not dreading it. Lol.

#11 posted 01-18-2019 04:33 AM

I’m happy and pleased with the performance of the G0771Z. The G1023RL is a nicer table saw, but 3 hp is 240v. If you go with the G1023LWX, It’s 5 hp and 240v. Both excellent choices. I was going to have installed a additional 240v line that would have run both this table saw and my G1531 Edge Sander.The G1531, I decided to wire that as 110v. So I purchased the G0771Z for the 120v option. If I decide later I can still change both of them to 240v. For most woodworkers, the G0771Z is also a good choice.

View jones424's profile

jones424

#12 posted 01-18-2019 01:16 PM

I m happy and pleased with the performance of the G0771Z. The G1023RL is a nicer table saw, but 3 hp is 240v. If you go with the G1023LWX, It s 5 hp and 240v. Both excellent choices. I was going to have installed a additional 240v line that would have run both this table saw and my G1531 Edge Sander.The G1531, I decided to wire that as 110v. So I purchased the G0771Z for the 120v option. If I decide later I can still change both of them to 240v. For most woodworkers, the G0771Z is also a good choice.

- WoodenDreams

This is great news! I ordered one yesterday. im pretty excited over this!