LED shop light

Review by hairy posted 08-08-2018 01:39 PM 2529 views 1 time favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
LED shop light LED shop light No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

If I get more of these I will need sunglasses to work in my shop.

$15 at Home Depot. Great light. No switch, you have to plug in or use in a switched outlet. That suits me fine, I usually don’t turn on all the lights anyway.

-- You can lead a horse to water, but you can't tie his shoes. Blaze Foley

View hairy's profile

hairy

View lew's profile

lew

#1 posted 08-08-2018 01:52 PM

Thanks for the review!

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View Porchfish's profile

Porchfish

#2 posted 08-08-2018 02:14 PM

I replaced all of my fluorescent lights last year with LED’s On sale at Costco for 19.99 for members….the difference has been astounding. They all can be linked to make a solid wall of lights with switches every 4 ft. both sides of my shop are well lit now. Hairy is right. Great investment.

-- The pig caught under the fence is always the one doing all the squealing !

View Bill Berklich's profile

Bill Berklich

#3 posted 08-09-2018 02:48 PM

I went to about 90% LED. Still hanging on to a few Fluorescents for some occasional task lighting.

-- Bill - Rochester MI

View KimAccurso's profile

KimAccurso

#4 posted 08-10-2018 10:46 PM

We have LED throughout our house with only fluorescents in the barn and in my shop. Makes you HATE fluorescent lighting.

-- Kim - imperfection is the pursuit of perfection

View EEngineer's profile

EEngineer

#5 posted 08-10-2018 11:56 PM

I recently replaced all my fluorescent bulbs with LED replacements from Costco. No ballast replacement, no rewiring, just swap the bulbs. Perfect, and warmth is as good or better than the fluorescents were in the first place.

-- "Find out what you cannot do and then go do it!"

View Dakkar's profile

Dakkar

#6 posted 08-13-2018 12:05 AM

Cool. I was just intending to install an unused fluorescent I found in the attic recently, but if LED shop lights are that cheap these days I may just go that way instead.

View htl's profile

htl

#7 posted 08-15-2018 04:04 AM

Got one in my small shop and it’s a winner for sure!

-- An Index Of My Model making Blogs https://www.lumberjocks.com/htl/blog/130264

View HokieKen's profile

HokieKen

#8 posted 08-21-2018 07:11 PM

I have fluorescents in my shop I’ve been meaning to replace for a while. There are a couple of key areas where I needed additional fixtures though so I went ahead and picked one of these up last night and hung it in one such spot to see how it did. It did quite well :-)) A no-brainer for $15 if you ask me. It’s very bright and the color is pleasing. Thanks for the review!

-- I collect hobbies. There is no sense in limiting yourself (Don W) - - - - - - - - Kenny in SW VA