Kreg Drawer Slide Jig

Review by scribble posted 05-01-2018 12:16 PM 1264 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Kreg Drawer Slide Jig No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I finally got around to using these after they sat in my workbench for several months. I will say they do a good job as long as everything is straight to begin with. I built a small drill press rolling cabinet and used it to install my drawer slides. When using with a face frame it helps for the face frame stiles to be taller than 3/4” so the clamps have more meat to grab a hold of. I think the spot that these shine the best is in mounting the drawer to the slides by supporting the drawer at the correct height. I think Kreg is doing a great job of continuing there DIY jigs.

-- If you can't read it Scribble wrote it!! “Experience is merely the name men gave to their mistakes.”

View scribble's profile

scribble

View coxhaus's profile

coxhaus

#1 posted 02-12-2019 06:31 PM

I used these for 9 drawers in my kitchen. Once you figure it out, it saves time setting up drawers. You also need 2 Kreg vise grips to clamp with.

View tbird824's profile

tbird824

#2 posted 07-03-2019 01:41 AM

I just used these for the first time installing six drawers in a plywood tool cabinet in my garage. The issue i had with them is that no matter how tight i clamped them to the cabinet ( no face frame) when I put the drawer in to mount that part of the slide the jig would tilt . I had to use a second clamp directly under the jig as a stop to prevent this. Frustrating when my drawer slide part wound up at an angle on the side of the drawer before i realized what happened.

-- Pat